Highlighted

Poor Coverage on the Other Side of Town

I recently moved four miles to the other side of town. I have been a long time Verizon customer and never had a problem at the first home. Since moving into this house on Jan 14, the cell coverage inside the house has been at the best 3 bars. I recently called customer service to discuss and the call dropped and I ended up calling back on a landline to discuss issue. We reset the network on the phones (we have two I-Phone 6's) and the coverage barely improved and has degraded. It is not unusual for my wife, who works from home, to lose phone calls during the day. My zip code is 27526. My neighbor has another carrier and standing in the same spots in my house, his signal is definitely stronger, bouncing between a 4 and 5 bar status.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Poor Coverage on the Other Side of Town

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us in this community forum. Service while inside of a structure can be tricky. Several factors affect the way signal travels. Inside home, it has to travel through wood, insulation, and other materials that cover your house. This could be the reason for the issues. Are you seeing the same signal issues outside of home? Also, your device also has the advantage of Wi-Fi calling. You can activate it to use your in-home Wi-Fi for calling. Follow this link with instructions on how to turn this feature on, on your iPhone 6, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204182/.

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes