Highlighted

Pointless Usage Controls

I pay extra for usage controls on my teens phone... so I don't get hit with big bill.  Then come to find out.... it apparently doesn't work.  Been charged for additional GB every month!!!  Have it set up to shut off at 2gb.... anyone else have this issue?  I have a huge problem with being expected to honor a contract... when it is not honored in return!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Pointless Usage Controls

Leader

What kind of phone do you have? I think some portions of the iPhone won't work with those controls. It says so in the info for that feature. Have you contacted VZW to discuss the matter? If this is the first time and you sincerely expected the feature to work with your device then you may be able to get a 1 time credit. Or if there is an issue with the feature where it's not working but it should (assuming your phone isn't under some exclusion) then you may be entitled to a full refund of the overage and the cost of the feature for the time it failed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Pointless Usage Controls

Yes I had a similar problem for 3 months with the "stop data" option it took a letter to the correspondence team and filing FCC charges online. In the end I received a $200 credit. p.s 3 months of useless e-mails from support by about 7 different people and I got the run around, my phones were compatible but all they kept pushing was buying more data

0 Likes