Highlighted

Phone number is associated with someone else's name

In the last few years or so, when I call someone it shows the wrong name for the caller ID. This name is also associated with my phone number at store check outs, etc. I receive calls and texts for this person. I changed the name in my Verizon account a few times and this person keeps showing up.  How can I remove them for good? I've had this phone number assigned to me since 2000.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Phone number is associated with someone else's name

Community Manager
Community Manager

Mumcallister, we know that your friends and family want to know that it is you calling and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a repeat issue. When you say that you have gone in and changed this on My Verizon, exactly what steps are you taking? To enroll in Share Name ID where you may change the name displayed, please follow the steps listed under number 4 at http://spr.ly/6604GEqmM. LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I reset my shared name ID 3 times. Did a reset with the tech department and finally called the tech department back who reassigned my phone number back to me. We will see if this works.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Mumcallister, it sounds like you've taken all the right steps. Please be sure to let us know if additional assistance is needed. TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes