Highlighted

Phone Scammers

MikeTertiary

I received a call today from caller ID "[removed] Unknown" automated male voice telling me my Verizon account had been compromised and to provide my logon account PIN number. I hung up and blocked the number. I hope those responsible for this kind of fraudulent activity burn in heck in gasoline underwear. 

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

0 Likes

Re: Phone Scammers

Community Manager
Community Manager

MikeTertiary, thank you for providing us with the number that called you regarding this phishing phone call. I myself cannot wait to block these calls as soon as they come in either. I appreciate the steps you took to block the number and not provide any of your Verizon account information. I have reported this number to our Verizon Phishing Team so we can help prevent these call types in the future.

I also have some great news I wanted to share with you that will help limit and block these call types going forward. We are currently in the stages of making our Call Filter application free by the end of March 2019 to all Verizon Wireless customers. You can learn more about the steps we're taking to help protect your number and stop robocalls at the link attached. Does this help address your phishing/spam calling concerns going forward? http://spr.ly/6601EXsaz

AlanS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes