Phone Bill

SFGChamps

So my Verizon phone bill is $420 a month okay? So I currently have a iphone 6 and if i sell that and get the iphone 7 plus 2 year contract will the monthly bill still be $420 or will it change? Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Phone Bill

Weth
Sr. Leader

Not enough info to answer your question.

Is your current iPhone 6 under contract? Is it on a payment plan? Do you own it 100% free and clear?

What plan do you currently have? How much is the line access charge for the line your iPhone 6 is on?

It depends what plan you are on whether your costs increase or stay the same. If you are on More Everything or Verizon Plan, generally it is not a good idea financially to go with 2 year contract since line access charges increase by $20 every month. This more than negates the what appears to be cheaper price you get on contract. Also upgrade fee on contract is more. If you are on these newer plans, payment plans actually make more sense, even though it may not seem that way at first glance due to the apparent purchase price. But when you price out total costs over 24 months, it is usually cheaper.

0 Likes
Highlighted

SFGChamps

Sorry I should of made that more clear. Yes I own the iphone 6. I'm only paying for it to be on the plan. If I were to take it off I would still own the phone. So if I were to do the 2 year contract would it add more money monthly or no? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Ok, still a few more variables.  Remember Verizon doesn't make the answer easy. 

What is the name of the plan you are on?

if you are on Verizon plan, 2  year contract will increase cost by $20 per month

if you are on More Everything, 2 year contract could increase cost $25 per month or none at all, depends what your current access fee is for that line right now.

if you are on older plan, then contract doesn't change access cost. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Understanding your bill is important, SFGChamps. So far, Weth, has done a fabulous job breaking down the plans for you. Thank you, Weth! What plan are you on? One factor that was not noted is that if you are on the Verizon Plan or the New Verizon plan, the two year contract option is not available.You may only do the device payments.

We do have a iPhone 7 promotion going on right now, where you trade in your iPhone 6 and can receive full credit for the iPhone 7. http://vz.to/2cELzgu That sounds like your best bet to me.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

SFGChamps

So I can trade in a iphone 6 for a iphone 7 at no cost? If so would that add anything to the monthly bill?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

You haven't said what plan your on. No one can answer your request until that info is known. 

Even if you can, there will be upgrade fee and taxes you will have to pay. You will also need to full Payment for 2 to 3 months until trade in is processed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

SFGChamps

My plan is "

My Plan:  THE NEW VERIZON PLAN XXL 24GB"

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Thank you .

So based on what you told us so far, your monthly costs will stay the same, if your current phone gets approved for the $650 trade in deal and you get the iPhone 7 32 GB before the offer expires. Your monthly access fee will stay at $20.

However, keep in mind you will need to pay upgrade fee of $20 (forgiven if ordered online), and the taxes on the full price of the phone in most places. You will also owe the monthly phone payment in full (around $30) for the first 2 or 3 months until the trade in offer kicks in. When you see that happen, you will see on your bill the monthly phone payment charge, and then a monthly trade in credit. Remember, that does kick in for a few months, so expect the extra $30 charge the first few months.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

You can't purchase a new phone at the subsidized two year contract price option with the Verizon Plans. This applies to the original Verizon Plans and the new Verizon Plans. You can only purchase at the full retail price in one lump sum or under the DPP purchase agreement which spreads the full retail price across 24 months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes