Highlighted

Personal hotspot

somehow personal hotspots showed up on my I6plus and my I pad.   I turned them off and said forget the network on both , now I cannot join my home wifi.  It asks for the password but the join button is greeted out.  I checked and my wifi is working.  What is the next step?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Personal hotspot

Community Manager
Community Manager

Divagirl,

Being able to connect to Wifi is extremely important. We definitely want you to save on your data by connecting to your Wifi. We will get this resolved for you. Are you having issues with connecting to just your home Wifi, or are you able to connect to other Wifi's still? Have you been able to connect to your home wifi in the past? Try resetting your network settings on your device... http://vz.to/1vuSgUL

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Yes we e been on the wifi before and yes I can join other networks. I reset the network and. I have used the same password which is 7 characters and now it wants 8 how do I change my password???

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Divagirl,

I appreciate the details and testing out resetting your network settings. It sounds like we are a few steps closer to getting you connected to your Wifi. To clarify, is it stating that your home Wifi password needs 8 characters? If so, is your home wifi through VZW? What make/model device do you use for your home Wifi?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

We have Cisco Valet router and have always used the same password , now it won't take it.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes