Highlighted

Re: Payoff device with the trade-in gift card

I think the fix is easy for Verizon. They just have to enhance the device payment page to accept multiple payment methods.

I'm in a similar situation casudhi and other customers who tried to apply the $300 trade-in gift card to pay off their device payment and after a few failed attempts online, nobody in customer care, Verizon store and Verizon financial services was able help.

I wonder Verizon's $500 off deal during black Friday is flawed since one can not apply $300 trade-in gift card towards device payments.

VZW-BF.JPGattached

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

One could simply apply it to their bills and probably don't have to pay their bills for a couple of months and with that the cash they don't use could be applied to paying the device. Though I believe you can't make incremental payments for a phone. It's either all or nothing as to why it can't be applied.

Highlighted

Leader

Exactly DPP is monthly payments or pay off balance. Nothing in between.

0 Likes
Highlighted

FYI Tidbits you can't pay more than what you owe on your current bill. Moreover, all I'm requesting Verizon is to offer the ability to pay-off the device balance at once across multiple payment methods (rather than make incremental payments to the device balance).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

The problem is that should you have that ability, what's to stop you from making one payment of say $150 and then not finishing?

0 Likes
Highlighted

retailers like macy's allow you to apply a gift card to your purchase next to entering ur credit card details. so it will deduct the amount in the gift card and charge the rest to your credit card. why can't verizon do that?!?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Because, we are not talking about paying a bill. We are talking about paying the balance of the Device Payment Plan. You have 2 options. 1.) pay the monthly payment as agreed for 24 months and 2.) pay the entire balance. With the ability to pay with multiple payments there is nothing to say that someone won't pay anything less than the balance and then not pay the rest.

You should put the balance on a credit card, take the cash equivalent of the gift card balances and pay the CC bill and then pay the Verizon monthly service bill with the GCs. It is really not that hard to figure out.

0 Likes
Highlighted

sprmankalel this is not how the split payment system work. Have you ever tried checking out on Amazon with multiple combination of Amazon gift cards, your rewards points and credit card?

And your response to nandun5 below assumed that one is going to stick with Verizon and pay off their monthly bill with your Verizon gift cards.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

I know exactly how split payment works. I worked in retail for 22 years. Verizon doesn't want to you to pay with multiple forms. That's all there is to it. I have given you 2 suggestions of how to achieve your goal. Why be so stubborn about doing it the way you want instead of carrying out the agreement? It may be a little inconvenient but it is what it is.

0 Likes
Highlighted

If you know exactly how split payment systems work based on your 22 years of rich retail experience then should not have said (quoting you sprmankalel from above "The problem is that should you have that ability, what's to stop you from making one payment of say $150 and then not finishing?")

0 Likes