Highlighted

Payoff device with the trade-in gift card

I received 3 Verizon gift cards from trade-in's. I want to pay off one the phone using those gift cards. It doesn't allow me to do it online as there is no option to enter 3 different gift card information.

How do I go about paying off one of the phones?

Any help is appreciated especially from Verizon representatives.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Payoff device with the trade-in gift card

Customer Support

I understand, Sudhindra.  The store may not have the option to split the payment for the device payment buyout option as well.  Have you considered making the one payment with a different payment option and using your gift card towards your bill?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Casudhi, help has arrived today. I want to make sure that we put those gift cards to good use. I would love to clarify a few things today. One of the devices that your looking to pay off, is it currently on the Device Payment Plan? When you go on My Verizon on the computer does it only give you the option to place in one gift card? Keep us up to date.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Hi Kevin,

The device I'm trying to payoff is currently on the Device Payment plan. When I go My Verizon on my computer yes it does give me an option to enter one gift card, however the amount of the first gift card is not equivalent to the price of the phone so it doesn't allow me enter further. It gives an error saying "Gift Card amount is not enough equal to payoff amount" something like that.

How can I enter each gift card and combine to total to payoff the phone?

Thanks,

Sudhindra

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I want to ensure you are fully aware of your options with paying off your existing Device Payment Agreement, Sudhindra.

The Device Payment buyout option does not allow you to split payments.  The buyout option online must be completed with one form of payment.  You may be able to complete this process by visiting one of our corporate store locations: http://vz.to/1ruG0EM.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

For a matter of fact I had one of the reps do this at the corporate store!

He couldn't do it! They told me contact customer service by phone they might help.

That'll will be my last option! Unless the rep at the store didn't know how to do it!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I understand, Sudhindra.  The store may not have the option to split the payment for the device payment buyout option as well.  Have you considered making the one payment with a different payment option and using your gift card towards your bill?

AnthonyTa_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I don't want to pay my bill! I want to pay off one of the phone.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I completely understand casudhi and I want you to take advantage of the gift cards you have. In order to buy out your device early, you would need to make one form of payment. We would not be able to split it up in three payments. I do apologize for the inconvenience. The best bet would be to pay off the device payment with a cc or another method in one lump sum and with the money saved use your gift cards for your bill.
JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm super pissed at verizon for this too. they didn't let me apply my trade in value towards my new device because the store didn't have the model i was looking for and they asked me to order it via customer support.

but they processed my trade ins and gave me the gift card. and told me that after 30 days i could use it towards my device to buy it out.

now they're telling me it needs to be a single payment!!! seriously?!? the reps in stores just make stuff up just to get the transaction over with and move on to the next sale!

Did you manage to get this sorted?

right now i think my option is to keep paying monthly bills until the remaining balance falls below 300, and then use the gift card to buy out the phone.

or use the gift card to pay off the device cost portion only in my monthly bill and to buy out the phone ones the gift card runs out.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

I wonder if you can use the trade in gift cards to buy one VZW gift card so that you can combine the balances into one. Other suggestions is to sell the gift cards at face value to a friend or relative with VZW and then use your credit card to pay the balance of the device and use the money you get from the sale to pay the CC bill. You have to think creatively for this situation. Because the payoff of the phone must be done in one transaction you have to use one form of payment to complete that transaction in its entirety.

0 Likes