Highlighted

Overage?

We have been on Verizon for years. Never had an issue with overage. Now all of a sudden since Verizon offers the unlimited.. We have been over for the last few months. I know Verizon wants everyone on the unlimited but we dont want the unlimited. Even the "safe" plan sucks!!!. It never amazes me how companies charge and do things to get more money.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Overage?

Community Manager
Community Manager

JROBER75, this long term relationship is important to us. We don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Let's analyze your usage to make sure that you're on the best plan to fit your needs and to avoid future data overage charges: http://vz.to/1qhEcv5

Do you have a new Verizon Plan? If so, is Safe Mode enabled on for your plan? Safety Mode is an optional feature of the new Verizon Plan that lets you keep using data at reduced speeds after your data allowance is used up for the month. You can stay online without worrying about overage fees.

For more information regarding how Safety Mode works, click http://vz.to/2dtjbzK

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I think you are mistaken that Verizon would prefer everyone to be on the new Unlimited plan. In many cases, Verizon makes more money by people staying with their older plan with high data limits. Why would Verizon prefer to make less money???

I have not noticed any change in my data usage since Verizon introduced their new Unlimited Data Plan. The amount of data my account consumes has remained static, well below our data limit.

I have heard for years how Verizon tacks on "fake" data usage in order to get people to increase their data allowances or to pay for overages. Not once in the 4-5 years since I gave up my old unlimited data plan has my usage not been what I have expected, nor have I gone over the data allowance for my account without some valid explanation. The one time my account did go over my preset data allowance was due to excess streaming of video by my daughter. No other time have we even come close.

Regardless, I certainly have no plans to switch to unlimited data as I currently have 4-5 GB of excess data left over each month on my regular data allowance.

Have you checked the data counters on the various devices on your account to determine if some apps are using more data than you suspect they are? Quite often, an app can change its settings in order to use more background data when the app is updated. Have you checked the apps of your devices to confirm this is not the case?

0 Likes

Verizon Employee
JROBER75, we don't want you to have this image of us. We would never intentionally have you go over your data limits. It is concerning that your usage has increased over the last few months. I would like to look into this. Please check your inbox for a message from me.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

JROBER75, this long term relationship is important to us. We don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Let's analyze your usage to make sure that you're on the best plan to fit your needs and to avoid future data overage charges: http://vz.to/1qhEcv5

Do you have a new Verizon Plan? If so, is Safe Mode enabled on for your plan? Safety Mode is an optional feature of the new Verizon Plan that lets you keep using data at reduced speeds after your data allowance is used up for the month. You can stay online without worrying about overage fees.

For more information regarding how Safety Mode works, click http://vz.to/2dtjbzK

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

We signed up for the 12gb plan option because we travel to mexico several months of the year and the verizon sales person advised that this would work for us during our times away, and the months we are state-side we could go back to our regular 1gb plan and the overage would still be useable.

Today a customer service rep named Alex said otherwise. Now that verizon has us by the ballini's we have to suck it up and can only roll down to a 2gb plan and we'll lose all the stockpile of data we never used, as it won't continue to roll over. But we paid for it dearly, just like every time we pay their ungodly exhorbitant fees.

We've been verizon customers since the 1980s but they do not care about us entering senior citizenhood and trying to conserve our expenses....noooooooo.

We need all the gray hairs out there to stand together with a [Removed] good attorney and file another class action suit against the big red check mark. Let them get the warm fuzzy feeling of data being taken away from them. Who's with us?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Covid19