Order issues with new phones and plan

So I pre-ordered the S8 and S8+ plus phones on my account.  On the same order I switch the whole account to the NEW unlimited data plan.   At checkout though it gave me the 2 year contract pricing WITH the new unlimited data plan.  It showed the tentative monthly amount to be around $180 (total of 4 lines on the account.)  

The transaction went through and the phones have already shipped, however it DOES NOT show any pending changes to my actual plan.

Out of curiosity I went to manually change my Plan to the NEW unlimited plan, however, it is trying to charge an additional $20 a month for each of the new S8 phones. 

It seems to have been an error from the beginning.  I'm trying to either get the $20 a month fee waived or Cancel the entire transaction and go with the normal Trade-in/Monthly Payment route.

Is this something I should take care of in store?  Please advise.  I have a screenshot of the checkout screen and the confirmation e-mail showing the new monthly charges.

Thank you.

Jacob

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Order issues with new phones and plan

Leader

Don't open the phones. Go to corporate Verizon store or call to get things straightened out.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Sankarihauta,

We appreciate you visiting the community member forums and we'll be happy to assist you with addressing your concerns. We completely agree that it's important to know what's going on with your order and will be happy to have a look at it. As this is a public form, we can't do it here, but I will send you a private message. You can also use any other support option to get help with your pending order: http://vz.to/1PmNciG

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Highlighted

UPDATE!!!  Was told by Verizon Customer service to take in the phones to a branch store. Below is what happened.

They had to process the phones as a return and then inventory it in the branch store's database, THEN sell it back to us under the  normal device payment plan. 

Since the actual SALE date (after it being "returned") appeared as April 21st 2017, we didn't get our pre order deals (VR Headsets) even though they were pre ordered on April 6th.  Also, I had planned to trade in 2 devices to take advantage of the pre order trade in deal.  Unfortunately because the SALE date showed as April 21st, it wouldn't process the trade- ins to take advantage of the deals.  This was AFTER we had done the returns and I was assured that the trade in deals would process from the store employees.  The manager told me that if I explained the situation to Verizon Customer Service, that we could still get the trade in deal.  I have all of the paperwork from all the transactions, and the trade in phones.

Everything else went fine but the whole process took almost 4 hrs. :(.   The store employees were very nice and helpful though.

Please advise on what, if anything, I can do.

Thanks again for any help.

0 Likes
Covid19