One time charge?

jkrisp

I opened my account with Verizon a few days ago and when speaking with the associate helping me she told me my monthly payment would be $180 monthly. She assured me that my bill would not be above $200 ever. I check my online account today and my bill is over $260. Is there a one time activation fee or something or did I get tricked?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: One time charge?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

There is an activation fee and taxes on the first bill.  What can you deduce from the bill detail breakdown in My verizon?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: One time charge?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Your first bill will be unusually high because it is normally for 1 full month plus a partial month. Verizon bills for service in advance. For example if your billing period ends on January 1, your bill will be available for viewing on or around January 6 and will include billing for service from January 2 thru February 1. If you started your Verizon service in December it would also include a charge for a partial month of service from you service start date thru January 1.

Additionally, I don't see how ANY Verizon agent could ever say that your bill would not "ever" be above a certain amount. That would certainly depend on your usage. If you go over your data allowance, you will be billed $15 for each GB of data above your allowance. If your bill is normally $180 and you have 2 GB of data overage your next bill WILL be over $200 with the $30 of data overage added to your normal $180 bill.

I don't know whether or not Verizon still charges an activation fee for new lines of service..