Highlighted

On what Day does my data reset?

What day does my data reset?

Seems like a simple enough question that should have a simple answer right? IDK?

Just to make sure we all understand this conundrum of mine, I'm going to remind everyone that the first day, and the last day of billing cycles are two different days.

The reason I am asking a question that has already been answered, is because of a few different reasons. The page that pulls up when I search (link below) was posted in 2017, and it is now 2019, so things may have changed since then. (or may not)

That page (see link) says my data resets on the last day of my billing cycle.

However the Verizon robot (which I hate with a fiery passion) says my data resets on the first day of my billing cycle.

One agent told me my data resets on the last day of my billing cycle, and another agent told me my data resets on the first day of my billing cycle.

So I'm as confused as can be.

Any chance someone can clear this up, and maybe provide proof?

It would be much appreciated.

Link: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/when-does-data-usage-reset/td-p/1022083

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: On what Day does my data reset?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Understanding your bill cycle is crucial and we are here to help, LostStonerBoy. The first day of the billing cycle is different from the last day of the billing cycle. The link you posted still holds true. The bill cycle resets as of midnight on the day your bill cycle ends. I trust this will help confirm how the bill cycle works and allows you to manage your wireless account as you see fit.

ChrisM_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Well, if you open the My Verizon mobile app and go to the Data Hub, it will show how many days are left in the cycle.  I suppose you could watch that to see which day it resets.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

It hasn't changed. For example if your billing cycle ends on the 10th of each month, at midnight when it switches from the 10th to the 11th day the data counter resets to zero to start the next billing cycle. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Understanding your bill cycle is crucial and we are here to help, LostStonerBoy. The first day of the billing cycle is different from the last day of the billing cycle. The link you posted still holds true. The bill cycle resets as of midnight on the day your bill cycle ends. I trust this will help confirm how the bill cycle works and allows you to manage your wireless account as you see fit.

ChrisM_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes