Highlighted

Old phone broke; to switch my prepay service to the new device, what do I need to do?

Full disclosure:

Broke my SGS4 last week, finally researched, found, and ordered my new device (SGN4) which arrives next week. When I receive the device, what steps need to be taken to switch my Prepay service over to the new device? Do I just insert the SIM card into the new device and use the "Change Device" on my account dashboard? It asks for my Device ID, what number do I enter the ESN, IMEI, S/N? My account just renewed its service for the month on the 16th for the broken phone, but obviously I can't use the service until swapped over.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Cordially,

P. McClellan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Old phone broke; to switch my prepay service to the new device, what do I need to do?

Customer Support

PhilMcHawk I am so glad you have a replacement phone on its way to you. Snn5 has an excellent tip for waiting until the renewal date. Just in case you need it, our prepay  experts are standing by at 888-294-6804 . In one call they can make sure everything is set up correctly and get that new phone activated & all taken care of.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Old phone broke; to switch my prepay service to the new device, what do I need to do?

Sr. Leader

That's sounds about right.  Wait till service renewal date to activate new phone.

Highlighted

Customer Support

PhilMcHawk I am so glad you have a replacement phone on its way to you. Snn5 has an excellent tip for waiting until the renewal date. Just in case you need it, our prepay  experts are standing by at 888-294-6804 . In one call they can make sure everything is set up correctly and get that new phone activated & all taken care of.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you both for your replies! Okay, so to be clear, when I get the new phone, I should wait another month to activate it? What about the service that is currently ongoing for the phone I can't use? Am I just out of luck on that, or can I contact somebody to freeze the service? I just hate to pay for it, not be able to use it, and have it wasted.

Thank you, again, for your time and consideration!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

On prepaid, once a payment is made, the money is spent.  The thing with activating another phone on a prepaid line is that you lose the first payment since you have to make another payment for service.  Doesn't make sense to me either why you can't just activate a phone like Postpaid can.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ah. Well now, isn't that some shite lol. Thank you, gentlemen! It is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Glad I could answer that for you!

0 Likes