Highlighted

Notice about enrollment in paperless billing

Expert

On Friday, I received the following text message and an email stating a similar message.

"Free VZW Msg:  Starting 9/13/2020 you'll be enrolled in paper-free billing. Go to vzw.com/paperfree for more info or to keep paper billing, reply PAPER."

Normally, I would have instantly replied "PAPER" since I want to continue to received a paper copy of my bill in the mail.  Unfortunately I couldn't actually reply, because the message "Sender does not support replies" was at the bottom of that text conversation thread.  I finally had a chance to log into my account today, and low and behold I was STILL enrolled in PAPER billing.  I hope I don't have to set a reminder at or around 9/13/2020 to sign into my account undo something I didn't REQUEST.

VZW, you really need to think about how these notices are sent out and make sure one can actually opt out the change.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Notice about enrollment in paperless billing

Expert

The payment settings was the area I was going and it was doing me no good. 

I finally got a real and correct answer in my actual paper bill. It indicated if I wanted to continue receiving the paper bill I needed to go to vzw.com/paperbill to change the setting. After a brief stop to login my account, I was presented with a page that said I would continue to receive the paper bill.

The text message didn't work. The email didn't work. Paper bill for the win. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I love Verizon for coverage, but absolutely hate things like that. Unless I, the customer, personally requested something..leave my account alone.

I've upgraded to an unlocked S20 recently and use Samsung's visual voicemail app. Didn't even know I had the premium visual voicemail trial till about 2 weeks ago when I got a text it would soon charge.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

I'm fairly certain this wasn't the first time VZW tried to get me to enroll in paperless billing. I think the last time was even before they had the autopay and paperless billing discount option. Even when they added that option, I wasn't swayed into signing. It can be a good option for some people, but that isn't me. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Did the premium visual voicemail actually work with the unlocked S20? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Verizon has been trying to push customers into the so-called "Paperless Billing" for over a year now.  

At first it was presented as an option you could choose.

Then for the past few months they have use various creative ways to try to trick customers into clicking on the "paperless" option

But yesterday was the first time I have seen Verizon come straight out and say WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE YOU TO PAPERLESS BILLING WHETHER YOU WANT IT OR NOT!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

It isn't the first time I had seen such a message. I fairly certain they tried to do something similar several years ago too. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

@Tigerstep

Interesting. I would have thought a VZW rep would have replied to this thread by now. The logic of how and where their response is determined continues to elude me after all these years. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

@vzw_customer_support @lorenb_vzw 

Can I get some assistance on this issue please?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I logged into my account (after receiving notification like yours).

After the "Auto Pay & paper free billing" section there is a another section titled:

"Payment envelope"

which in my case states:

"Current Status: Not Enrolled"

So, am I to beleive I am "Not enrolled in the (paper) Payment envelope" ?????

i.e. I need to enroll in the "Payment envelope" option for a paper bill?!?!?

VZW slight of hand?!?!?

Bob

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We want to make sure that your billing options are set up the way you want them, rms_erie. Just to be sure we are on the same page, are you receiving the bill by mail or electronically? Keep in mind that the Payment Envelope is sent via the mail if you wish to mail back your payment. Besides this matter, how's everything else with your Verizon service?

0 Likes