Highlighted

Not receiving invoices

I've been a paperless customer since 2009 but I've not received a single invoice for my service since 10/13/2015 of last year. I received several PAST DUE notices and spoken with the utterly unhelpful live chat and telephone tech support about it. My hope is that by posting this in a public forum that I'll shame you guys into actually fixing the problem. I want to pay my bill on time, but I can't do it if you won't send it. They're definitely not getting caught in a spam filter and other Verizon messages (including the past due notices) are coming through just fine. I'm not going to sign up for automatic payment, but I am up for renewal, and I'm agitated enough that if this doesn't get resolved I'm going to switch to AT&T.

Please, SEND ME MY BILL. Do I have to switch back to paper billing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Not receiving invoices

Sr. Leader

Making sure all info is correct in your profile on My Verizon is key, plus...you can pay the bill there as well, or in the My Verizon app, or by calling Verizon to make a payment.  If you are counting on text/email to notify you of your bill....it's usually the same day every month so you can write that date on the paper wall calendar or use the calendar app on your phone to enter the date, or you can tell Google or Siri or whatever assistant app you have to remind you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Making sure all info is correct in your profile on My Verizon is key, plus...you can pay the bill there as well, or in the My Verizon app, or by calling Verizon to make a payment.  If you are counting on text/email to notify you of your bill....it's usually the same day every month so you can write that date on the paper wall calendar or use the calendar app on your phone to enter the date, or you can tell Google or Siri or whatever assistant app you have to remind you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

It goes without saying that the profile info is all correct - as I said, other messages (such as the past due notification) come through just fine. And I would sooner switch to another provider than set a reminder in my calendar for Verizon Payment Day. But after reading your comment it's occurred to me that perhaps changing it to a throwaway address then changing it back might reset something in their system.

Highlighted

Leader

If you want a bill then you must switch to paper billing. Paperless means that you do not receive a bill in the mail. You might want to look at your alerts and make sure that they are set for bill notifications. You can set to receive via email and text.

However, what is the harm in setting a recurring calendar event to remind you to pay your bill. It's call being proactive and taking charge of your responsibility to pay. The bill is due on the same date each month. You know when to pay your housing or car payment, why is this any different?

Highlighted

You misunderstand. I know that I must switch to paper billing if I want a hard copy of the invoice. I don't want that - I want it e-mailed to me, just as every other service I use does.

Your second paragraph really doesn't warrant a response, but I'll bite. Toyota manages to send their invoice without issue, and my landlord goes from unit to unit leaving envelopes with the amount due tucked in everyone's door. These people clearly want to get paid. This even though the amount is the same every time. With Verizon, I have to wonder "how much did my bill go up this month?" until I log in and check it and find that it's crept up by 12 cents for some reason.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

My rent is the same every month....lease says so.  They don't need to remind me when it's due.   I don't have to send them a letter every month to remind them about monthly pest control....also in my lease.

Highlighted

The issue's now moot, I've signed up for Google Fi.

Highlighted

Leader

The thing is that you get an email reminder if it set up in the alerts. I get an email reminder and it tells me that my bill is available. They do not include a pdf of your bill. You can get that by logging in to the website. I also use the app on my phone which gives me my amount due.

None of the companies I do business with send me invoices in email. Just a reminder to pay.

Highlighted

Sprman, that e-mail is exactly what I'm not receiving. I received it no problem every month for 6 years straight, but for some unknown reason it randomly stopped and apparently nobody at Verizon can figure out why. It's definitely not unreasonable to expect this functionality to work as it always had.

Snn5, the further comparisons to rent is the exception proving the rule. Yes, you may not receive any notifications from anyone prompting you to make your rent payment. But what about the car payment? Electricity? Gas? Cable? Internet? Land-line phone? Credit card?

But as I said - it's no longer a problem. I'll receive my Nexus 6P in a couple days, and the monthly bill I'll receive from Google Fi will be about 1/3 of what I'm paying now.

Highlighted

Leader

That's great for you that you switched. Google Fi uses the Sprint network.

I hope you enjoy it.

0 Likes