Highlighted

Not honoring BOGO

We got the "BOGO" deal back in May for the XR except we didn't qualify! Apparently, we needed to have the Unlimited Data plan. Obviously, I was not aware and I'd like to think neither were the oblivious reps at the Verizon store. Verizon won't make it right unless I switch to Unlimited. Bummer, been a customer for a long time but will switch to another carrier.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Not honoring BOGO

Yup, lesson learned! But such a bummer 😞

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

It really helps to read all of the fine print for each promotion before agreeing to it. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yup, lesson learned! But such a bummer 😞

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Other carriers don't have much options outside unlimited these days so you'd be switching to a terrible network for nothing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for contacting us. Getting the assistance you need is a must, and we are here to provide it. Please Meet us in a Private Note for assistance. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon not honoring BOGO and there was no fine print to read.  The sales person offered it.  There was no contract because we were just getting an upgrade to an existing phone.  The sales practices are deceptive.  It is a cultural problem that someone needs to look into. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with a BOGO offer that was not honored, Shmanns. I want to look into your concerns and see what's going on with the offer. Please bear in mind; upgrades are usually doing device payments and not by contracts for many years now. Here's a link that goes over how device payments work https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs/ . Also, at the bottom of this link, it goes over how BOGO credits work. Did you add a new line of service and do an upgrade at the same time to get the BOGO offer? Which specific BOGO offer are you referring to? When was the exact date the order for the BOGO was processed? Please share more exact details so we can look into your BOGO concerns more closely. 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes