Highlighted

Not getting delivery reports from other carriers

I was curious if anyone else was having issues with receiving delivery reports when sending messages to people using a carrier other than Verizon?

I recently turned on Delivery Reports for SMS messages and noticed that when I send a message to a friend that is also on Verizon, I will receive a delivery report. However, if I send a message to someone not on Verizon, I will not receive a delivery report.

Currently using the Google Pixel.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Not getting delivery reports from other carriers

Community Manager
Community Manager

williamv92 -

Getting the alerts you need is a great way to have peace of mind. Are you having trouble sending and receiving texts from other carriers, or is it just not sending you the delivery report? Are you using the stock Google Pixel texting app or Verizon Messages (Messages+)?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello!

Yeah, I am not having any trouble sending or receiving texts to other carriers, I am just not getting the delivery report back when sending them out to people who have phones with other carriers.

I am currently using Textra. I was using the stock pixel app before. Neither are getting back delivery reports.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

williamv92, It is great to get verification on your text messages. While we're not able to support or speak to the capabilities 3rd party apps, we want you to have the answers that you need about our texting system. Since you're able to get confirmation messages when you text Verizon customers, our system is working as it should be. However, we can't guarantee this option for other carriers. Does this make sense?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yeah, that makes sense. I do have one more question, though.

So while I DO NOT receive delivery reports when sending SMS messages to people using a different carrier, I DO receive delivery reports if I send an MMS message to people using a different carrier.

Is it supposed to work like that?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

WilliamV92, that would be a little odd if it worked like that. Thank you for that description, that was very helpful. Did you check the settings in the messaging application to make sure the SMS delivery reports feature is enabled? If not, you can check that setting by opening up the messaging app and then tap on the 3 dots in the top right-hand corner. Once done, tap on settings and then "Advanced". Please let us know if this helped.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

SMS delivery reports is toggled on. Same thing is happening though.

When I send a message to a friend with verizon, I will get a delivery report back.

If I send it to a friend who is no with verizon, I will only see that is sent, but do not receive a delivery report.

This happens in both the 3rd party Textra messaging app and the default Android messaging app that comes with the phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

williamv92,

We appreciate all the testing you have done for this issue. It is a network limitation. The other carriers will not send a delivery report back to our network. It does look like it is working as intended. We apologize it took so long for a definitive answer.

JenelleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Okay, so bottom line is I will receive delivery reports for MMS messages but not for SMS messages?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a bit strange, I agree, but yes that is the correct conclusion for what you are seeing. I
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes