Not Honored Military/Vets Discount

jonasc19

My family and I switched from AT&T to Verizon about seven months ago because we were excited about better reception as well as the military/vets discount they offer. Verizon has made the switch difficult and has not honored the discount they promised. I uploaded my DD214 several times, both at home and with help from Verizon store representatives over the past several months. I have spent hours on the phone with customer service and/or at the store where I signed up for my plan to get this situation remedied and I have had no luck. I simply want the promotion that was promised to me to be honored in my upcoming billing cycle along with a credit for the prior seven months where I should have been receiving the discount in the first place. Has anyone had any similar issues? If so, how have you resolved them?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Not Honored Military/Vets Discount

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, jonasc19. We're very sorry to hear about the difficulty you have faced with getting your Military/Veteran's discount applied to your account. On behalf of myself and Verizon Wireless, we all extend our condolences. We definitely want to make sure that this is resolved correctly. Just so that we are updated, can you please describe what indication you are receiving that tells you that you have not had the discount placed on your account just yet? Have you received any notification that any other processes need to be fulfilled prior to the addition of the discount? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

jonasc19

Hi BrettA_VZW,

Thanks for your response. I have not received any notification from Verizon in any way to include confirmation/failure of document upload or that any other information is needed to apply this discount to my account. I have tried to upload documentation online numerous times, I (or another account owner) have called customer service in an attempt to resolve this issue, and I have gone into the Verizon store three times to have them request this discount. All attempts have failed. I have received no discount and no notifications whatsoever. 

I have been seeking this discount since I switched to Verizon from AT&T several months ago. Please help me resolve this issue and get this discount applied retroactively to my account. What information can I provide you with to proceed in this matter?

Thank you,

Jonas

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the additional details, jonasc. We have sent you a Private Note to better assist with this matter. DavidR_VZW

0 Likes