No way to sign up for military discount

Vesicant

Verizon says it has a military discount, but there's no way to sign up for one. Go ahead, try it. Go to the "Military and Veteran's Discount Program" page and click "Get Started." On the next page, the only two options are to submit an employer's email address or a paystub. What do either of those have to do with being a veteran? There is NOTHING that says "I'm a veteran."

Military Veterans

And this on Memorial Day weekend.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: No way to sign up for military discount

Snn5
Sr. Leader

If asked for your company name and address, enter your branch of service and your last known military address (including APO/FPO, AP/AE etc.).

If you are a veteran, you can provide one of the following:

• Veterans Identification Card (VIC)
  • Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)
  • Veterans Advantage Card (VAC)
  • DD Form 214 (or any other government issued, legacy discharge document)
  • Military Retiree Account Statement

Note: Don't submit your standard Military ID card (known as the Uniformed Services ID Card).

Discounts Validation FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

Snn5
Sr. Leader

If asked for your company name and address, enter your branch of service and your last known military address (including APO/FPO, AP/AE etc.).

If you are a veteran, you can provide one of the following:

• Veterans Identification Card (VIC)
  • Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)
  • Veterans Advantage Card (VAC)
  • DD Form 214 (or any other government issued, legacy discharge document)
  • Military Retiree Account Statement

Note: Don't submit your standard Military ID card (known as the Uniformed Services ID Card).

Discounts Validation FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

MiiHere
Leader

They want proof for any discount, be it military or if you're like me get a discount because of the company you work for. If you're able you can go into a Verizon store and bring all forms of military ID and forms; the person I spoke to said it's easiest that way to get the discount applied. I don't know what forms of ID you are given, but being as there are many programs out there to help Veterans, my dad being one of them, you must have some type of valid proof?

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Keep in mind that discounts, of any kind, don't apply to all plans (loyalty or other already discounted plans), only eligible plans. (Like More Everything)

Vesicant

Thank you. But Verizon should put that info right on the signup page instead of burying it in the faqs.

Vesicant

Of course I have proof. That wasn't the question.

0 Likes

Vesicant

Not the question I asked.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

What was the question you asked then?  You didn't ask a question.  You posted a statement and marked the discussion as a question.

Khines5705

No matter what you do, apply online or in a Verizon store, you will have to go in person and show your VA id card, or DD-214. I know this from experience. Be aware though that the discount is not available for single line plans. Yes, it should clearly state that but it doesn't. I found out the hard way. Plus the whole process is much more difficult than it should be and seems like a slap in the face for veterans. If you have a single line plan and don't qualify for the discount on your bill it will still entitle you to a 25% discount on accessories and purchases through Verizon. Thanks for your service and happy Memorial day. Hope this comment is helpful.

NAVYVET55

Thanks for reply info Marine.