Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

Nik0nGuy601

Quite honestly, I think it's a shady move by Verizon.  On 2 lines, I would wind up paying $40 more per month by switching and losing my employee discount.  I've been loyal with version for 6 years without 1 late payment and this is the offer I get for it?  I'm considering switching to another provider, I can save $60/month by switching over and living in a major urban city, I doubt my service will be impacted.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Nik0nGuy601, thank you for your loyalty and for being a great customer, we don’t want to lose your business and will look at your options.  I have sent you a private message so that we get more information.

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Nik0nGuy601

RalphT_VZW, is it common practice for you to ask me for my account pin on a private message in a community support forum?

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Yes since it is the same question they would have if you called customer service. It is their security procedures.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Nik0nGuy601

I know it is their security procedures, but it is different when I am calling them directly via their CSR number.  Typically, CSR do not ask for passwords or pin numbers via email.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

A private message in the forums is not an email. You may receive an email notification that you have a private message, but the actual message is not the email. It is also common for CSR to ask for your pin in a private message to confirm you actually have authorization to access the account and are giving them authorization to do so. Otherwise, the CSR would not be able to access your account and give you information you are requesting. If you don't want to provide the pin, forum CSR would not be able to help you and you should call in order to get the information you are requesting.

aardWolf

I got burned as well.  I actually switched FROM AT&T to Verizon to take advantage of the new unlimited plan.  As soon as I got a compatible phone and completed the switch, they showed me the fine print that said I couldn't get an employer discount.  This kind of thing makes me want to go through the hassle and switch again, even if it costs me more activation fees.

0 Likes

Nik0nGuy601

OK, let me take a step back and clarify my original comment.

From a information security standpoint, CSR typically do not ask for your passwords or pin numbers via social media, email, PM, text, etc. or any kind of un-secured communication. If there is a question/concern regarding account information, you are usually instructed to call them instead so you know who you are calling. In a community board such as this, what is preventing a random user from creating a "VZW" account name and requesting account pins from users to access their account?  Once they have my mobile number and pin number, they can gain access to my account by calling CSR directly.  That was the intent of my question.  I am new to the Verizon community boards so if this is common practice, that's fine.  I am aware of how the process works for CSR to access my account, but again - it is quite different from my calling their 800 number for support vs. a "user" in a open forum asking me for my personal pin number.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

They are not requesting the information in the open public side of the community. They are asking it in the Direct Message system which is private. You can also respond and request they call you first before you would provide the information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Except in this case, the PM with request for your information was preceeded with a post authored by vzw_customer_support and a CSR by the name of the person who sent you the PM, ralpht_vzw who has been a forum member since December 9, 2015, informing you such a PM would be forthcoming. IF that userid had been just opened up when someone had seen the preceeding post letting you know you would be receiving a PM from that CSR, I would be suspicious.

There is no problem questioning the person who sent you the PM, but in this case, I hope the information I have provided allays your hesitation a bit.Smiley Happy

0 Likes