Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

Community Manager
Community Manager

GWBancroft, I completely understand the need to have all the information on hand about what discounts still provide a savings through our new plan(s). We are here to help shed some much needed light on this subject, as we understand this is something many people would like to know.

If you currently receive an employee/corporate discount that is not Military/Veteran based; Your discount will only apply with our Small, Medium, and Large plans. (If you have one of our older/higher tiered plans such as the XL and XXL for example, your discount still applies.)

With regards to the new Unlimited Plan, only Military/Veteran's Discounts qualify for extra savings through the Unlimited Plan.

Let us know if you still have additional questions about this. We can help review your account directly thorugh a DM. I have followed your handle just in case you would like to review your account further, GWBancroft.

Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

GWBancroft

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'd consider upgrading to unlimited,

if I could get my discount. Do you know if it'll be made available at some

point in the not-too-distant future?

On Feb 13, 2017 8:30 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes

TEDKORD1968

I doubt it'll become available, but regardless you'll never get an answer on it before it is announced.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

ABSOLUTELY!

0 Likes

yazzy99

I had the 30gb plan with 3 lines and a 20% corp discount. The new unlimited is a few dollars cheaper and would benefit me better.

This is the way it works: if you have 2-4 lines it is a flat $110 for unlimited data plus $20/ per line access fee minus $10 per month if on auto pay.

examples 3 lines

$110 unlimited data

+$60 line access (3 phones)

-$10 auto pay

-------------

=$160.00 (technically $53.33 per line, for advertisement purposes they state $54 for 3 lines)

to that you add insurance, lease payments and taxes.

***i would suggest going online into your account and go through the steps like you are going to change it and it will itemize the comparison.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

yazzy99 wrote:

***i would suggest going online into your account and go through the steps like you are going to change it and it will itemize the comparison.

When you do this you need to actually be able to understand what each charge applies to, though, and not just take the information as fact. I say this because when I do this exercise, it is not accurate. For some reason it does not include ALL charges for the new plan, however I know this because I know what each charge is for and know that one of the charges which should be there is not.

For example for the comparison for my current plan(More Everything) with the new Verizon Plan with unlimited data, the charges on my current plan has 4 smartphones and 1 smartwatch for a total of $65 in line access fees(4 x $15 + $5 = $65 while the charges for the new plan only has 3 smartphones and 1 smartwatch for a total of $65 in line access fees(3 x $20 + $5 = $65). Notice the estimate does not itemize the line access charge, just puts down a total. Why does the new plan NOT include all 4 lines in the new estimate????

Untitled-1.jpg

Someone who was not aware what each charge was for would probably not catch this and think their new bill would be lower than it actually turns out to be!!!

0 Likes

Prepper357

ABSOLUTELY!  What?  It will be, it won't be, you'll never know until?  People are being told that it will be sometime in the future, yes, they have to make decisions based on what is available now.  If it does become available later, great, switch then.  You cannot rely on what reps tell you on the phone may or may not happen, you can only count on what you get in writing.  That's not a VZ issue, it's all companies.  They don't care what reps tell you and are not responsible for what they tell you, only what's in the written agreement counts.  If you don't believe that, ask them.  They won't give you special stuff just because you say a rep told you something.  So decide whats best for you today.  Yes VZ caused a problem by getting people all excited about "unlimited" data that in some cases costs more and is slower (if you use mobile hotspot mostly) at 3G after 10GB.  Unlimited should mean unlimited, or there should be a large asterisk beside it everywhere it's displayed.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Prepper357 wrote:

ABSOLUTELY! What? It will be, it won't be, you'll never know until? People are being told that it will be sometime in the future, yes, they have to make decisions based on what is available now.

No, people are simply being told that employer discounts other than military/veterans are NOT available. They are not being told they WILL be available sometime in the future. People are assuming that.

Prepper357 wrote:

Unlimited should mean unlimited, or there should be a large asterisk beside it everywhere it's displayed.

Actually, unlimited DOES mean unlimited. You are NEVER cut off completely which would mean you don't have unlimited. Simply de-prioritizing or slowing down your speed DOES NOT mean you cannot get more data.

You know what they call unlimited data at a slow speed???? They call it UNLIMITED DATA!!

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Since when does the More Everything Plan have Carryover data and Safety Mode? If it doesn't, there are other weird things going on with your screenshot.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Kenzlin0713

I've actually been told by two reps without asking that once it's available in the near future (not when) it will auto apply to our accounts. So yes they are saying that it WILL be available. Clearly it's in the works but not set in stone which is why the rep responding to this thread didn't put it in writing.

0 Likes