Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

linwoodj004
Member

Another potential dissatisfier to look out for with your new plan is that your rollover data get used last and expires during the next billing cycle.

Verizon spells this out in the plan info; but, I know I missed it and a few others missed it as well.   However, there are no nasty surprises with safety mode. It allows you to stay connected at lower speeds even after eating through your data plan allotment.

0 Likes

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:

Since when does the More Everything Plan have Carryover data and Safety Mode? If it doesn't, there are other weird things going on with your screenshot.

Yes I noticed that when I was running thru this exercise, and for the life of me I cannot find ANYWHERE in MyVerizon where I can turn this on.

Highlighted

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

lewisr13
Leader

yazzy99 wrote:

I had the 30gb plan with 3 lines and a 20% corp discount. The new unlimited is a few dollars cheaper and would benefit me better.

This is the way it works: if you have 2-4 lines it is a flat $110 for unlimited data plus $20/ per line access fee minus $10 per month if on auto pay.

examples 3 lines

$110 unlimited data

+$60 line access (3 phones)

-$10 auto pay

-------------

=$160.00 (technically $53.33 per line, for advertisement purposes they state $54 for 3 lines)

to that you add insurance, lease payments and taxes.

***i would suggest going online into your account and go through the steps like you are going to change it and it will itemize the comparison.

actually the flat $110 is for up to 10 lines.

0 Likes

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

Prepper357
Member

rcschnoor wrote:

No, people are simply being told that employer discounts other than military/veterans are NOT available. They are not being told they WILL be available sometime in the future. People are assuming that.

Yes, they are, I know of 2 personally, and more than 2 people here say the same thing.  It is not an assumption.  You are assuming to know what folks are being told, and insulting them by not believing them.  Thanks for you help all the same. Smiley Happy

0 Likes

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

And yet you are ALSO being told right in this thread that

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

With regards to the new Unlimited Plan, only Military/Veteran's Discounts qualify for extra savings through the Unlimited Plan.

0 Likes

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

Kenzlin0713
Member

They are only going to type what is currently available. If you're so stuck on this give them a call so that you can be told the same thing I was by two reps without even asking...it's not a matter of if, it's when it's available that we will all be notifie.

0 Likes

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Kenzlin0713 wrote:

They are only going to type what is currently available. If you're so stuck on this...

I'm not stuck on it. I really don't care as I have no current plans to make this switch. Even WITH an employer discount on the unlimited plan, my bill would increase by AT LEAST $20/month should I choose to make that switch. My data cost would stay the same as I currently pay but the line access fee on my 4 smartphone lines would increase from $15 to $20, thereby ALSO increasing the taxes on those lines. Seeing that I only use from 5-10 GB/month across all 4 lines and have a 15 GB allowance, I don't see the need.Smiley Happy

Others, however, have been stuck in the past when told something by a CS rep only to find out it did not come true. I prefer to go with what Verizon actually publishes about their plan(s) instead of rumor...

UNTIL and IF additional discounts are available, that is exactly what it is, rumor.

Others who have been impatiently waiting since last October/November months for the Samsung Galaxy S3 because they were "told" by a store/CS rep it would be released by Verizon "soon" have not been too happy. "It will be available by Black Friday", "It will be available by Christmas", etc... Those didn't turn out too good.

Let's see how long this un-substantiated rumor takes before people start to question its validity...

0 Likes

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

Kenzlin0713
Member

Well if you have no plans or interest in switching I guess this thread doesnt apply to your current situation. That would mean there is no need to come on here questioning the validity of what I said is clearly something that's been mentioned to me and others by a couple of reps. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we all know that until it's publicly offered it's not a promise but that there is conversation within the company about it which they will not put in writing until it's confirmed at a later time.

0 Likes

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

And there are those who will come on these forums, take posts such as yours as fact that additional discounts are imminent and then blame Verizon when it does not happen. I am simply pointing out it is not a done deal as many may think according to posts such as yours. In THAT vein, it does apply to my current situation being a member of this public forum. Simply trying to prevent the spread of information which MAY or MAY NOT be true.

ONLY information officially released by Verizon can be believed. Or maybe you have not seen any of the multiple threads with people "claiming" they were told one thing by a store/CS rep only to find out it WAS NOT true and then read the following in the customer agreement:

"This Agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement."

Kenzlin0713 wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we all know that until it's publicly offered it's not a promise but that there is conversation within the company about it which they will not put in writing until it's confirmed at a later time.

And I am going to go out on a limb here and say anything a store/CS rep states as conversation "within the company" which does not actually take place within 7-10 days after making such a statement is likely to be complete speculation on their part without ANY basis in fact.  That is about ALL the lead time they are given, it that, before something they MAY have heard would have become policy.

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

Kenzlin0713
Member

At no point did I even imply that this was going to happen yesterday or today but it is my right to share what was explained to me on more than one occasion which is that this will take place at some point.

As for other threads I don't know and I couldn't careless because its common sense to have things that are promised notated in the account while also receiving a reps name and conf number (you better believe I've had convos pulled when the promised wasn't delivered). Enjoy forum browsing on topics you claim to have no interest in. I'm done conversin with you seeing as you have tunnel vision.

0 Likes