No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

GWBancroft

I currently have the "L" data plan...I was interested in upgrading to the Unlimited Plan that was just made available today, but I was disappointed to find that it is not eligible for employer discounts....is there any possibility of this changing any time soon?? This is quite disappointing on Verizon's part.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Just go with what works out better for you. If it is more important to have your employer discount, stay with what you have. If a larger data allowance is more important, go with the unlimited plan. I've been saying for quite some time that unlimited data would eventually come back to Verizon, just at a higher price than what it was before. For many, that higher price includes no employer discounts. Time to make a choice for many people who have been saying they NEED unlimited data back, regardless of the price.

I think 4 lines for $180 is a much lower than the price I thought Verizon would bring back unlimited data. This is a lower price than my 4 lines would have paid for unlimited data before all these shared data plans started.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Just go with what works out better for you. If it is more important to have your employer discount, stay with what you have. If a larger data allowance is more important, go with the unlimited plan. I've been saying for quite some time that unlimited data would eventually come back to Verizon, just at a higher price than what it was before. For many, that higher price includes no employer discounts. Time to make a choice for many people who have been saying they NEED unlimited data back, regardless of the price.

I think 4 lines for $180 is a much lower than the price I thought Verizon would bring back unlimited data. This is a lower price than my 4 lines would have paid for unlimited data before all these shared data plans started.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

This response is irrelevant and does not answer the question. We are all aware of the choice that would have to be made if the answer is "no, employee discounts will not be considered."

Highlighted

Kenzlin0713

I have the same concern. After ridiculous hold times and a wasted visit to the store today I finally reached a rep on the phone. I was asking for the breakdown and made the comment that it seems my current employer discount won't apply, here's what he said...

"For right now, for today, no it will not apply to the plan. It will only apply to accessories etc but that won't last long and as soon as we get the okay that it's applicable we will send out a notification informing our customers that it's now available."

This isn't concrete info but it does lead me to believe it's already in the pipeline. I'm still on the fence ab making the switch bc I'm getting 16 gigs for $64 a month with my discount and no autopay.

Also the online or mobile app suggested monthly bill estimate does not include the monthly phone payment(s). In my case they advertise 3 lines for $54 each plus taxes and fees.

So truly that means

54 x 3 unlimited data

11 x 3 insurance

20 x 3 line access fee (that's the part they try to hid)

20 x 3 monthly phone installments

taxes

total of  276 ish per month vs my now 228 ish per month. $50 difference where if they'd offer our discount it'd only be a $30 difference. Frustrating.

0 Likes

spdGT

It doesn't apply to the limited data plans either.  I just switched to the new 8 GB plan from my old plan because the website showed savings.  When I got an email showing my new estimated bill, it was higher than my current bill.  I just got done chatting with Verizon and they said the employee discount no longer applied.  It was really shady of them to show a new lower price and then jack up the price.

0 Likes

Kenzlin0713

Hmmm mine has been confirmed that I'll still be receiving it, maybe it's bc you made a plan change?! I'd call and throw a fit!!

0 Likes

lewisr13
Leader

GWBancroft wrote:

I currently have the "L" data plan...I was interested in upgrading to the Unlimited Plan that was just made available today, but I was disappointed to find that it is not eligible for employer discounts....is there any possibility of this changing any time soon?? This is quite disappointing on Verizon's part.

Yes anything is possible. I doubt it though.

0 Likes

spdGT

It is showing up now.  The line access charges went up so my new bill will be higher.  I'm not paying more per month just so I can have rollover data.  There has only been 1 or 2 months in a few years that rollover data would have been useful.  It's really sleazy how they showed me a lower price and then raised it though. 

0 Likes

JRENEE8812

We are on the XL plan and my husbands discount applies to our data, and I had it previously on the 8gb plan as well before merging our plans together. I'd call corporate.

0 Likes

GWBancroft

Do you have their number??

0 Likes