Highlighted

Re: No company discount

I agree with this individual. The "headline" page is misleading. Upon further reading,  you can see the

real story here. It be great to have a $45/month unlimited plan (with no restrictions) for a single line.

Single lines, and single people tend to get discriminated like this. Multiple lines, especially those with four

lines, get the "quantity discount" type of pricing. We see examples of this in other consumer situations,

not just mobile phone and data services.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Geekner1 wrote:

I agree with this individual. The "headline" page is misleading.

Obviously they cannot put ALL details in a "headline", and is the point of a headline. A "headline" is simply an idea of what something is about and to get you to look further. The headline is accurate in that it actually states it is for 4 lines. If the "headline" were inaccurate, I would tend to agree with you, but it is not.

For those that it is a great hardship to click and read further before finding out the exact price for the number of lines on your account, it is a great thing if that is the worst of your problems.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

TNMTNGRL, we are here to help to make sure you get the best value. Are you looking to switch to the unlimited plan? Have you been able to compare the pricing? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/ Notice item #4 under "General Information". We know that change can be challenging sometimes. Does this help with the cost concerns? It is very important to us that you have great service everywhere. How long have you been having issues with your service? Is this happening indoors, outdoors or both?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

JASELL72, I know that I would be concerned with my Veteran's Discount not applying to my plan of choice. We are here to help out. Weth, who is a community member, provided excellent and correct information regarding your discount and the New Verizon Plan Unlimited.

This plan is indeed compatible with your discount. Let us know if you have additional questions about this. We are here to help out.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor wrote:

TNMTNGRL wrote:

I am on the XL plan with 3 smartphones and used to be on the unlimited until got booted out... I pay 250 a month for this service that's with my employee discount.

So you are complaining that you would go from paying $250/month on a limited data plan with your employer discount to paying $160(for service) + taxes/fees on an unlimited data plan WITHOUT your employer discount??? They are charging you LESS for a larger data allowance even without your discount. I don't understand the complaint. If your employer discount is so important to you, stick with what you have and pay more/month. Your choice.

The saying that you "can't please everyone" really rings true here.

Obviously, you don't understand the complaint if you think they are paying $250/mo just for service (after their discount). It is obvious they are also on a device payment plan, probably for three phones, which would add another $20-$35+ per line depending on their phones. Granted, the price would still end up being similar to what they are currently paying, but the comparison you made was highly inaccurate. The complaint I have is that when they had the UDP before the employee discount was applied, now it's not. The fact that it's not makes the price for me too high to switch. They would still be making more money off of me if they offered the discount than they currently are (while not costing them anything more), but I can't make that big of a jump without the discount.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I understand the complaint, I simply don't assume things like you have done in your reply. More often than not, when you assume facts which have not been given by a poster you will be mistaken.

Simply throwing out a total cost without any explanation means absolutely nothing. I am not a mind reader. I don't know if they have insurance, device payment plans, Family Base, Verizon Navigator, etc...

Yes, it could be that device payments are included in that total. It could also be something else. When someone simply gives a total cost of their service, I treat it as that, a cost for their SERVICE. Purchasing a phone IS NOT a cost of service.

osucowboy96 wrote:

The complaint I have is that when they had the UDP before the employee discount was applied, now it's not. The fact that it's not makes the price for me too high to switch.

The employee discount for unlimited data was ALSO applied to only one line on an account, regardless how many people had UDP. I know because I had multiple lines with UDP with only one line receiving the discount. With a UDP shared between multiple lines, that is giving MORE of a discount than Verizon was giving previously and I suspect the reason why they may not be giving it now on UDP. When I had the old UDP, I got a discount of $6/month. If I were to receive the same discount on the new UDP, it would NOW be $22/month. I can certainly understand why Verizon has disallowed this discount. Possibly, they will lower ALL discounts on UDP and then allow them to be applied at some point in the future.

Yes, it would be nice to have a discount on UDP, but discounts are not a right people have. It is a courtesy Verizon can either give or not.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Point taken. However ...

I don't know if they have insurance, device payment plans, Family Base, Verizon Navigator, etc...

Yes, it could be that device payments are included in that total. It could also be something else. When someone simply gives a total cost of their service, I treat it as that, a cost for their SERVICE. Purchasing a phone IS NOT a cost of service.

this is not a valid argument. Any of those things you listed would also be added to the new plan costs if they chose to keep them or if it were part of a contract. Assuming that their mentioned bill does not include anything but service for 3 lines is not very logical, unless you can provide information on some plan in Verizon's past that they might still be grandfathered in on that would average out to over $80/line, just for service. And even then (assuming part of that cost is because they are still on contract just to help make it that high), much of that cost would be carried over to the new plan as well. Verizon simply won't ignore what you already owe them just because you switch to a new plan (although that would be awfully nice of them).

Not trying to be difficult, and I know, lots of assumptions. I just wanted to point out that your comparison of going from a $250 bill to a $160 bill was no where near accurate, and not very fair to the OP, and I think you probably know that.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

And then again, some people pay overages every month because they are unwilling to switch to a different data tier, won't take the time to enable Safety Mode if they are even on a plan which has it or are unwilling to pay for Family Base. Of course, that would be something else which one would have to assume because it was not mentioned. THOSE would be charges which would not transfer over to the new unlimited plan since they would no longer be paying overages.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Very valid points. Back on topic to the employee discount, I'll give my situation for a specific example of why this is bad (at least for me). I currently have the 8GB plan which is priced at $70. My discount gives me 25% off (the largest employee discount I'm aware of), saving me $17.50 making my plan (data only) $52.50. Now let's look at if I upgrade to unlimited.

Instead of my data bill going from $70 to $110 (the typical non-discounted customer), for an increase of $40, my bill will go from $52.50 to $110, an increase of $57.50. That's a big difference from my pocketbook.

Now if they offered the discount, comparing it to current discounts, I would save $27.50 instead of $17.50, making my current $52.50 go up to $72.50. Not a small hit for Verizon, but not as big as the hit I'd take, either. Their still making an extra $20/mo off of me for upgrading.

You are spot-on correct that Verizon can do whatever they want with their discounts they offer, but it all comes down to customer service and corporate decisions. Some of those decisions cause customers to voice their displeasure and opinions and even chases some away. That's exactly the reason Verizon brought back unlimited data. So maybe if enough people voice their concerns over the loss of an employee discount on said plan, they will start allowing it. The contract says we have to accept the prices (and discounts) they offer, but that does not mean that we can't voice our opinion over it and possibly enact change.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You are not required to switch to the new plans. Some people still have the Nationwide Plan. Others have the More Everything Plan. Many still have the older Verizon Plan. If it doesn't work out for you, don't switch.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes