Highlighted

No autopay discount for new unlimited?

Herohtar

I am currently on the old "new" Verizon Plan Unlimited, but with the recent announcement about the military discount changes, I decided to check out the new unlimited plans to see how they compared. After selecting Beyond Unlimited for my lines, which would give me essentially the same service I am receiving now, the plan detail page shows that it would actually cost me $1.50/month more for the new plans, even with the improved discount. Looking at the bill breakdown, I see that the old plan has a $10 "Autopay And Paper-free discount", which doesn't seem to exist on the new plans. Did you get rid of the autopay/paper-free discount? If so, then why would I want to pay more for what amounts to essentially the exact same plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: No autopay discount for new unlimited?

Community Manager
Community Manager

It is important to check the available discounts for our plans Herohtar, in this case the discount was changed on our new Go,Beyond, and Above Unlimited, you receive a $5 discount per line instead of the $10 discount that was available for the previous plans.

Alfredo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

boringusername

Herohtar wrote:

I am currently on the old "new" Verizon Plan Unlimited, but with the recent announcement about the military discount changes, I decided to check out the new unlimited plans to see how they compared. After selecting Beyond Unlimited for my lines, which would give me essentially the same service I am receiving now, the plan detail page shows that it would actually cost me $1.50/month more for the new plans, even with the improved discount. Looking at the bill breakdown, I see that the old plan has a $10 "Autopay And Paper-free discount", which doesn't seem to exist on the new plans. Did you get rid of the autopay/paper-free discount? If so, then why would I want to pay more for what amounts to essentially the exact same plan?

yes there is, you get $5 per line. Prices listed are including the discounted already. I you don't want to do autopay then add $5 per line to the price. Beyond is more then the "old' new unlimited plan even though they are essentially the same plan. We switched our 4 lines the old new plan to Go because it's was $20 a month cheaper. No one uses hotspot and 480p video is fine for us. Our area not congested much so we don't experience deprioritization.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

It is important to check the available discounts for our plans Herohtar, in this case the discount was changed on our new Go,Beyond, and Above Unlimited, you receive a $5 discount per line instead of the $10 discount that was available for the previous plans.

Alfredo_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Herohtar

Maybe I missed it before, but after taking a look at it again I do see the note at the bottom saying "*Includes $5.00 Auto Pay and Paper-free billing discount per qualifying line". The funny thing is there is no asterisk anywhere else on the sheet to direct you to that note, and the discount isn't listed anywhere in the breakdown -- it just shows the old $10 discount going away.

So does that mean the listed plan cost of $80/month already includes the "discount" and it would be $85 otherwise? If so, then Beyond Unlimited on my two lines costs more than what I have already.

0 Likes

Herohtar

Also, Beyond Unlimited has the same data caps on 4G and hotspot as well as the same features as the old "New Verizon Plan Unlimited", so definitely not worth it.

0 Likes

boringusername

Herohtar wrote:

Maybe I missed it before, but after taking a look at it again I do see the note at the bottom saying "*Includes $5.00 Auto Pay and Paper-free billing discount per qualifying line". The funny thing is there is no asterisk anywhere else on the sheet to direct you to that note, and the discount isn't listed anywhere in the breakdown -- it just shows the old $10 discount going away.

So does that mean the listed plan cost of $80/month already includes the "discount" and it would be $85 otherwise? If so, then Beyond Unlimited on my two lines costs more than what I have already.

Yes that is correct

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question Herohtar! The discount is automatically applied to your bill when you sign in for paper less and automatic payment with a debit card. More information in the following link:

http://spr.ly/6583DWF73

Maria_VZW

0 Likes

NoCollusion

I'm also on the 'L' 8GB shared plan but not on autopay.  When I try to switch to 'Start unlimited' it shows the same price $45/ea both before & after I elect to enable autopay.  Is it broken on the website?  If I browse plans anonymously, it shows Start Unlimited as $35/ea 'when you enroll in autopay'.

0 Likes

NoCollusion

How did the 'solution' entry get marked as the solution?  It's just a link to the info about the possibility of a discount.  Do Verizon reps get bonuses based on 'solutions' on this forum?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are very sorry to hear about the concern that has come about involving the Auto Pay and Paperless Billing Discount that comes with our unlimited plans, NoCollusion. We will be more than happy to assist you with this in every way that we can. We can confirm that the Start Unlimited Plan is compatible with our Auto Pay and Paperless Billing Discount. The discount requires Auto Pay to be set up with a debit card or banking information along with the enrollment in Paperless Billing.  Is your account already enrolled in Paperless Billing? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes