Highlighted

Newly independent 19 Y/O, need to remove my plan from my parents' (or start a new one on my own) without access to their login details to MyVerizon

I explained it as best I could in the title. I no longer have contact with my father who manages my cell phone account, and to spite me he cancelled service on my phone (understandable, he was footing the bill previously). This being said, I now need to remove my plan from their bill and establish my own, but I do not have access to the login details associated with the account, nor the billing address to which they can send a temporary password, and because my phone currently does not have service with verizon I can not receive the temporary password via sms.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Newly independent 19 Y/O, need to remove my plan from my parents' (or start a new one on my own) without access to their login details to MyVerizon

Expert

If he cancelled the phone line, then the number is lost. If it is only suspended, your father would have to agree to do the Assumption of Liability process to transfer the billing responsibility of the line to you.

It might be worth starting your own line with a new phone number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Newly independent 19 Y/O, need to remove my plan from my parents' (or start a new one on my own) without access to their login details to MyVerizon

Expert

If he cancelled the phone line, then the number is lost. If it is only suspended, your father would have to agree to do the Assumption of Liability process to transfer the billing responsibility of the line to you.

It might be worth starting your own line with a new phone number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post