New plan and new phone???

SusanK1901

I just upgraded my Share Everything plan to the new Verizon plan last night, from the confirmation email I was sent it said the new plan will take effect on 10/4/15. App,e will be coming out with a new iphone on 9/9 and I think it will be available for ordering on 9/16. Will I still be able to take advantage of getting the new phone, (I understand I will have to pay for the full cost of the phone in one lump sum or divided in 24 months) or will I be penalized because under the share everything plan I'm not available for an upgrade until the middle of Octobe 2015?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: New plan and new phone???

MiiHere
Leader

Changing plans does not change your contract. If your phone is under a 2 year contract and the upgrade date is October, it still is. If you changed plans and were under an Edge contract, you still pay that monthly amount or pay it in full to become Month 2 Month and then start a new Edge (Now Device Payment Plan.)

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

Changing plans does not change your contract. If your phone is under a 2 year contract and the upgrade date is October, it still is. If you changed plans and were under an Edge contract, you still pay that monthly amount or pay it in full to become Month 2 Month and then start a new Edge (Now Device Payment Plan.)

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

From your description, your only choice will be full price, one lump sum. You would not be eligible for pay,net plan with contract still in place until October.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Upgrading is a exciting time. Thanks for asking us about this for your clarity. If you qualify for the Device Payment plan when that time comes, then you will be able to get a new phone. In regards to full retail, you can do that at anytime regardless of a contract because you are buying the phone out right not at discount rate. The bottom line is you will not be penalized because of your upgrade date being in October.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

SusanK1901

Thank you for the information, I greatly appreciate it

0 Likes
Highlighted

oneilb83

Today September 9th is the Apple Launch Event which the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be revealed and the pre-order for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will probably be 9/11 and the release date for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be 9/18

0 Likes

oneilb83

Ok I correct myself the pre-order for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be 9/12 and the release date of the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be 9/25

0 Likes