Highlighted

New line required

I'm so sick of vzw's new line required garbage that I will likely be jumping to another carrier after almost 20 years... they seem to have almost zero deals nowadays for loyal existing customers. I see vzw slowly dwindling in customer base when others are offering more and more to their existing customers.

Highlighted

Re: New line required

I'm in the same situation MBKSYS. My wife and I are looking to replace our iPhone 6's. The only deals I'm seeing say "new line req'd". All we want to do is upgrade our phones and feel we should be given the same offers that a "new line" is getting. We've been long-time customers as well, and if VZW doesn't care about keeping their loyal customers, then I'll be looking to switch our family to another carrier too. Keep me posted if you have any luck finding a deal for existing customers. Thanks.

Highlighted

Customer Support

We never want to see a loyal customer end their relationship with us, DK4879. We strive to offer a variety of deals for new and existing customers alike. Feel free to check out our "Deals" page which has recently been updated with some great deals: http://spr.ly/66021RE3s ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

The "deals" link you provided requires a new line on every phone??????

Highlighted

Customers of other carriers are saying the same thing. Threatening to move to Verizon for the same reason you want to leave.

It's all entitlement thinking you deserve a free phone for being with a carrier for X amount of years.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

verizonsucks1909,

Our apologies for any confusion regarding the link that was sent. It's important to get great deals when upgrading as well. I know the landing page may have verbiage geared towards the new lines, but the upgrade discounts are there as well. For example, the iPhone XS Max (just one of the many phones available), has a discount of $350 credited to your account over 24 months with select trade-in devices. All you need to do is click on the device you're interested in, and then there is a 'See the details' link above the picture of the phone. Check it out here for the XS Max (http://spr.ly/66071Rc79).

Does this provide clarity?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's not about entitlement. What I want to know is why should I have to pay $20/mo for a phone that a new line activation only has to pay $5 or $10/mo? I'm only asking for the same deal a new line activation is getting, not looking for a handout.

Highlighted

Customer Support

DK4879, 

We understand wanting to get the best deal for your money. Our promotions do changed and just this past holiday, we have a $400 trade-in credit towards the iPhone 11. We do appreciate all our customers and would never want any to leave us. Check out all the deals https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/ online at anytime. 

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have an iPhone 6 and I'm happy with it, except that it only has 16GB of memory, of which over 10 GB is taken up by the OS and updates. There have been so many updates that the memory is jammed full. I have very few pictures and/or apps, and I have deleted everything I possibly can. I don't store a bunch of videos or anything else, I just use the phone for calls, email and Internet. I just need to move up to a phone with more memory, but every one I look at requires a new line. I don't want or need a new line, and I'm not going to pay $1k - $1.5K for a new phone on an "upgrade deal" just to get more memory. Why can't I simply upgrade to a less expensive phone with more memory? I wouldn't mind adding a modest monthly payment or even buying a new phone outright, but apparently that just can't be done. I have been with Verizon since before it was operating by that name, and I feel like some consideration should be given to long-time customers who just need a modest upgrade.
Highlighted

Customer Support

Dasob, your memories are precious and we definitely want you to have the space to save them. The good news is, we do have many deals available. Were you looking for a specific make or model when on your quest? I know that you mentioned that you do not specifically need the latest or greatest and want to focus on that memory size. Does your current phone have any physical or liquid damage? We do offer our Trade-In program, as a great way to help you save when making a new purchase at https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/trade-in/#/.   LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes