New iPhone ProMax 12 activation issue

ordered two new iPhones through Verizon, and tried to activate one to start. I followed the steps to set up my new 5G phone. But apparently my phone is not activated yet. I have to "add" cellular plan by positioning the QR code from my carrier (which was not included in the package received) or manually enter the activation code which I do not have:

SM-DP+ Address

Activation Code

Confirmation Code

I tried the online chat but its been busy. I requested for a call back from their customer service, I got a call back after 1 hour just to tell me that customer service is closed and they are only open until 7 pm PST.  How about urgent technical issues?

How do I get ahold of an actual person to have the new phones activated? One of the old phone is no longer working. 

1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: New iPhone ProMax 12 activation issue

Followed the steps provided by vzw_customer_support but it's missing critical steps.

Go to your Verizon account - select "Activate or switch device" 

On the upper left hand corner of the page, select the device that you would like to activate.

Once confirmed and activation steps completed, try calling #832. If the call fails, turn off your phone.

Wait 30 seconds, turn it on, then you will see a notification stating that your iPhone is activating........

voila! it works (after 5-6 hours spent for 2 new phones ugh!)

I hope it works for everyone as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Customer Support

It is important that your device works the way you need it to. Please follow this link for instructions on setting up the device: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-235468/.

0 Likes

I'm having the same issues. Zero help from Verizon. I was able to activate one of my 2 phones. the 2nd phone I have been trying to activate for the last 4 hours with ZERO support or help from Verizon. 

Their website is having issues as well. Tried to activate my new phone through the website and again, no luck. Why is this happening. How do I get this fixed!!!!! Some one please help. 

FYI, your support doc is out of date and doesn't help at all. 

0 Likes

Followed the steps provided by vzw_customer_support but it's missing critical steps.

Go to your Verizon account - select "Activate or switch device" 

On the upper left hand corner of the page, select the device that you would like to activate.

Once confirmed and activation steps completed, try calling #832. If the call fails, turn off your phone.

Wait 30 seconds, turn it on, then you will see a notification stating that your iPhone is activating........

voila! it works (after 5-6 hours spent for 2 new phones ugh!)

I hope it works for everyone as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Customer Support

yuki01,

I am very glad your activation was successful. Thank you for sharing the steps you followed. Don't forget you can also reach us in our social platforms of Facebook and Twitter, in addition to sending Private Notes here, for personal support with reduced wait times compared to our 800 number.

Please let us know if you have other questions or concerns, and thank you for being the best part of Verizon!

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes

I still need help VZW Support. I still have been I hold for almost and hour this morning and have tried everything and nothing works.  Please help!

I’ve spent my whole weekend trying to activate mine but it REFUSES. I was told they had to open a ticket and never got a real answer as to why this is happening, even had the sim swapped and still nothing 

0 Likes

Customer Support

Reaufo, we are here for you to help with getting your new iPhone 12 Pro Max activated. So we can help work on this with you, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes

Customer Support

We are sorry for the hold time, italia247. We are experiencing higher volumes than usual. Our goal is for you to have a working phone. Were you able to complete the activation?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes

call 611 and follow the prompts to activate your phone

0 Likes