Highlighted

New Verizon customer and noticing massive data spikes vs old carrier!

Just switched to Verizon and never had a month over 20G of data with AT&T.  In fact, we averaged around 13.  Now with new carrier we surpassed 20 and well underway to surpass again this month.  Why the increase with no lifestyle changes?  May switch back sooner than later.  We've turned off wifi assist as soon as we received the phones and it's an iPhone 7 vs 6 that we used previously.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: New Verizon customer and noticing massive data spikes vs old carrier!

Verizon Employee

BRic27, I know that I too would be just as concerned with higher than average data usage. We are here to help out. Thank you for letting us know that you have disabled WiFi-Assist. Under Settings > Cellular > let's take a look at the sections for Cellular Data Usage and Use Cellular Data For: While this is dependent on your last reset for your phone and stats, we can hopefully gather some clues. What apps are currently using the most data on your iPhones, and how much data are they estimated as having used?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

I understand the process of turning off data that isn't needed but my true question is why would I need to make adjustments when I never have in the past.  There's no way that the same apps I have on my iPhone 7 used less data on my iPhone 6.  I researched my data usage with att and it averaged around 13 G with one outlying month at 20 which is why we chose 20 G.  We are using data hand over fist now and mall else has remained the same, except the carrier. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

BRic27, I assure you that any troubleshooting step we take is to evaluate and diagnose what is causing the increase in data and I'm happy to continue helping.

We do recommend that you run a diagnostic to check the overall health of the device View Device Health Check - MVD - Apple iPhone | Verizon Wireless  You can also utilize our data monitoring tools for a clearer understanding and also to track usage. Please reach back out to us when you have the opportunity and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes