Highlighted

New Plan vs Old Plan

Hi I've  been a Verizon  Customer for years. I have the first plan that was offered w/unlimited data. I've been offered a new plan w/20 gb that will save me a/b $15.00 per month. Can someone give me their opinion?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: New Plan vs Old Plan

Leader

More Everything has a lot more features such as 25GB of VZW Cloud Storage, Free International Texting (when sent from USA), ability to use your phone as a Hot Spot (as long as you stay under the allowance there won't be any extra fees), Discounts for Edge and Out of Contract lines. I don't know why anyone stay on an old plan especially if they're saving money monthly. The only thing to watch out for as far as usage is if you are currently on a 3G device and switching to a 4G device. If you stream audio and video over the network, you may see an increase in usage as 4G tends to default to the higher quality which uses more data.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Leader

It sounds like a good deal. They are trying to phase out the unlimited plan. I would ask them if there is a cap on the 20GB though where they throttle your data. Unlimited data always has a cap, though I don't know what it was, but lets say it was 10GB, after you hit that mark your data download speed would be throttled down so you couldn't use it as much.

How many GB do you average a month? Is 20GB sufficient for your use?

0 Likes

Leader

More Everything has a lot more features such as 25GB of VZW Cloud Storage, Free International Texting (when sent from USA), ability to use your phone as a Hot Spot (as long as you stay under the allowance there won't be any extra fees), Discounts for Edge and Out of Contract lines. I don't know why anyone stay on an old plan especially if they're saving money monthly. The only thing to watch out for as far as usage is if you are currently on a 3G device and switching to a 4G device. If you stream audio and video over the network, you may see an increase in usage as 4G tends to default to the higher quality which uses more data.

View solution in original post

Covid19