Highlighted

New Edge program

gggggg
Novice

Okay, apparently what I am reading is your TOTAL phone has to be paid for before you can Edge up.  If that is the case, paying the

total price of phone, does it still have to be turned in for a new Edge?   No more paying 75%, now the total must be paid.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: New Edge program

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

UH, no.  Where did you see that?

the advice of this forum is to pay off your phone and sell it on eBay or Swappa.   If you search the forum, you will notice posts about phones being lost in shipping, taking months to arrive, being billed $200-300 for lost, damaged or misplaced phones.    Even if only happens one in a million times, you don't want to be the 1 millionth person.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Holy cow.  You are right.  This must have just changed as I was on the website checking the payoff just this weekend.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

This only effects new Edge agreements.  If you have an agreement now it may have a different payoff .  Check your online account, My Verizon, My Documents section for your receipts

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
0 Likes

gggggg
Novice

I have the 75% agreement. Now with the New Edge it has to be paid off in full. Heck AT&T's Next has so many different plans. 12 months, 18 months, 24 months.  Even after paying the needed months you can trade your phone in for a discounted phone and go on contract.   Don't know why Verizon is changing their Edge. Smiley Sad

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

ATT also has a Next version with a 30% down payment, for customers who can't qualify for the regular Next agreement.  ATT is also actively phasing out 2 year contracts.  As of June 1, 2 year upgrades are with ATT online or in store only.  Rumor is they will be gone by the end of the year.

0 Likes

gggggg
Novice

Just wish Verizon had more options with their Edge program.  The 50% one was great. then they go to 75% now it's 100%.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Considering the occassional missing phone, the trade in program can't end too soon. 

The point of the Edge program and ATT Next is to put ownership entirely on the customer. 

I suspect it costs too much and nets little, so is therefore a losing venture and must be scrapped. 

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Think of the money Verizon loses on shipping alone with the shipping of the new phone and shipping back the old phone, the extra people needed to check these devices, the extra insurance and liability for inventory as well.  Plus, the reviews probably hurt the JD Powers status.