Highlighted

Never received gift cards

This experience has been awful and very frustrating. I was never told to enroll or apply for the promised $150/line. We switched two lines and these rebates were a considerable factor in our decision. I've spent a lot of time chatting online and going to the Verizon store to no avail...I am no closer to the promised rebates. We bought the phones at the end of this past February. The rebates were supposed to come within 1-2 billing cycles - this was even confirmed to me (and I have all of the screenshots to prove it) on the Verizon chat.

I cannot find an email or anything else instructing me to take action to get the gift cards. Like many others have said, they were never described as "rebates"...only $150 gift cards for each line you switch that were to come in the mail. Can someone please tell me how I can get these.

Verizon this is BEYOND DISAPPOINTING! Your sales representatives should be helpful, not dismissive. I’m tired of being treated as if there was something that I did not do to get the gift cards... Had I been instructed to do something specific I would have done so. Instead I have been waiting patiently for them to arrive, as promised, in the mail and now have been rudely told that I was supposed to have entered a code online that I never even knew existed!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We came to Verizon from another carrier to receive good service and so far it has been anything but...

Please solve this for me.

Meaghan

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Never received gift cards

Customer Support

Mmpie27, we always want you to get the promotion you deserve. We do apologize that you have had to go through all of this. I have sent you a Private Note so we may look further into this for you. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Never received gift cards

Hi Christine, 

I received your email. Can you please tell me how I can reply to you? I tried to email you back last week but it kept bouncing back to me. Below are the answers to your questions so that we can expedite this process...

Your email: Hi Meaghan, again, please allow me to apologize that you had this occur. You should always receive proper information the first time you reach out to us. Just to clarify, you are still missing the $150.00 rebate for both of your lines, correct? Was the rebate for switching to Verizon or another offer? Do you recall when in February the devices were purchased? 

My response: Yes, I am still missing the $150 rebate for each of the two lines that we now have with Verizon. We switched from AT&T - I can’t remember offhand without the paper in front of me, but I noted in the chat with one of your representatives that we signed on with Verizon either Saturday February 15, 2020 or Saturday February 22, 2020. The representative at the Niagara Falls Boulevard store location told us we would “receive a credit in the form of a $150 gift card in the mail for each line” for switching service and going with Verizon. That was all he said.