Highlighted

Need more minutes for ONE month.. upgrading my plan to the new verizon plan is expensive!

I currently have an older plan. Nationwide talk & text 450 with Verizon max 6gb of data and unlimited messaging. This costs me 89.99 per month.

Due to some recent life changes, I need more minutes. Especially this current month. My plan rolled over January 24th. I've used 80% of my minutes and WILL go over. I was going to upgrade to the $20 more expensive plan of 900 minutes but when I try to then Verizon tacks on the $40 line access fee which I currently don't pay, making my plan $159.99 a month!

If I try to switch to the new Verizon plan, I have to drop to 4gb of data but get unlimited talk and text. However to have that start during the current billing cycle, Verizon says my estimated Bill due at the end of the month will be $145.66. If I go to the large plan of 8gb, it will be $185.66.

Is there NO possible way to simply upgrade my current plan for the month and add on minutes without having to pay $0.45 per minute?

I'm good with upgrading to the new Verizon plan with 4gb, but they are charging me for my old plan, new plan, old messsging, old data, and new data plus the line access fee for the first month which seem ridiculous. They are showing my first bill to be:

$50 new verizon plan 4gb

$50 new Verizon plan 4g month in advance

$30 Verizon 6gb max

$40 line access fee

Why?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Need more minutes for ONE month.. upgrading my plan to the new verizon plan is expensive!

Sr. Leader

Your best bet is to retroactively have the new My Verizon plan start at the beginning of this current billing period.

Then the next bill will show

For the month you already paid, but now changed to Verizon Plan

$50 Verizon Plan 4G

$40 Verizon Plan access fee per line

-$90 Verizon 6B Max Nationwide plan

Now for the month in advance

$50 Verizon Plan 4G

$40 Verizon Plan access fee per line

Total $90

When you phone comes out of contract, the access fee will drop to $20, so then your monthly fee will go from $90 to $70.

**No taxes or fees included and these are extra.

Call customer service and explain you want to retroactively have the Verizon plan start on the first day of your current cycle.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Need more minutes for ONE month.. upgrading my plan to the new verizon plan is expensive!

Verizon Employee

eliz630​ , as a consumer I know how important it is to stay on top of my monthly bills each month. We  always want to make sure that our customers are set up for wireless success. Allow me a chance to review your account to make sure you have the best plan for your wireless needs.

Please check your inbox for my private message to better assist you with account specific information.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes