Highlighted

Need help joining verizon

johnsm

I am a new customer switching from ATT. I need 2 lines (2 phones to be used on verizon). Unlimited data. My questions are: how much in total will it cost me each month? Is there any set up fees, if so what are they? Is the unlimited plan a contract? Will my current phones work with verizon? Will my monthly cost stay the same unless i adjust my needs? How long does it take to get connected with switching to verizon?

And do you have any special deals for new customers wanting the unlimited plan

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Need help joining verizon

dexman

Verizon Wireless doesn't really offer contract plans anymore. If you purchase new phones and opt to spread the cost out over 24 months you will need to pay any remaining balance should you try to switch providers later on.

Verizon Wireless has a tool that will allow you to see if your current phones can be ported over. (I'm on my smartphone so I'm not able to post the URL). You will need to enter the phones' IMEI to get an answer.

Answers to monthly charges and related questions are found in the description of the Unlimited plan.

All things being equal, monthly charges should be about the same. There may be slight differences of a few pennies due to slightly varied monthly tax/fee amounts.

0 Likes

johnsm

Is it this one here?

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

And also what are the initial costs? Is there a setup fee? Or do I just pay $80 up front for 1 line and thats it? And can I sort this in store and walk out with my phone on verizon the same day?

0 Likes

johnsm

check reply above

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

johnsm wrote:

I am a new customer switching from ATT. I need 2 lines (2 phones to be used on verizon). Unlimited data. My questions are: how much in total will it cost me each month?

Since we don't know what you want, where you live, etc... we have no way of knowing how much your monthly cost will be. Unlimited data for 2 lines would be $110/month. On top of that, you will have a $20 line access fee for each line. You may purchase phones and if on the payment plan, that would add to your monthly bill. You may want insurance on those phones which would add to your monthly bill. Taxes/fees are different depending on where you live(local, state, federal taxes, etc...). For JUST your service, though, it would be $110 + $20 + $20 = $150. You can get a $10/month discount on that if you sign up for paperless billing with autopay via a debit card or checking account.

johnsm wrote:

Is there any set up fees, if so what are they? Is the unlimited plan a contract? Will my current phones work with verizon?

I believe there is a $40 line activation fee for each new line on Verizon. Verizon does not have service contracts anymore. You will be paying month to month and can leave anytime. Whether or not your current phones would work would depend on the phone. If you have iPhones (6 or later) they should work just fine. For other phones, you can put your phone information in the following to see:

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

From your previous statement, though, "2 phones used to be on verizon", any phone which used to be on Verizon should be able to be on Verizon now.

johnsm wrote:

Will my monthly cost stay the same unless i adjust my needs? How long does it take to get connected with switching to verizon?

And do you have any special deals for new customers wanting the unlimited plan

Your monthly costs could fluctuate by a few cents to a few dollars occasionally as taxes/fees can and do change according to the whim of your local/state/federal representatives. For example my May, June and July bills were $167.59, $167.59 and $167.65 and the only variation would be for taxes/fees portion of the bill.

Normally, the only specials Verizon has for new customers would include purchasing of new phones.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

johnsm wrote:

And can I sort this in store and walk out with my phone on verizon the same day?

Yes, but if you want the same number you currently have, the port process can take a couple of days to complete. You CAN get a temporary number while your current number completes the porting process, though, and therefore should be able to walk out of a Verizon store the same day with an active phone.

0 Likes

johnsm

is my $20 line access fee a monthly fee or a one time fee for adding a new device

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

You will have that line access fee every month.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

johnsm,

We always want to set the proper expectations, and avoid unwanted surprises. A line access fee is a recurring charge that will appear on a monthly basis for each line on your account. Is there a billing concern we can assist with?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

WATERGARDEN18

I've been Verizon customer for 20 years. As of October, 2019. FIRST!! Go to Google Play, type in Verizon Tech Coach App, CLICK to download. NEXT-CALL Verizon Tech Coach- 800-922-0204. THEY ARE AWESOME. TRUST MY ADVICE...TAKE IT SLOW, IF THEIR TALKING TO FAST with TMI, ASK THEM TO SPEAK SLOWER SO YOU CAN WRITE IT DOWN. Ask if your phone is compatible with Verizon, 99% of phones are, Ask if you need to go to a Verizon store, or can switch be done by Customer Service on phone? (DON'T) AGREE ON ANYTHING. TELL THEM you will call back after  discussing details with other person. Also ask them about NO CONTRACT-UNLIMITED PLANS. ASK ABOUT BUY ONE PHONE GET 2ND PHONE FREE, UNLIMITED DATA with free EVERYTHING. GOOD LUCK.

0 Likes