Highlighted

MyVerizon password reset not working

I received two texts containing Sign in request codes which I didn't ask for, so I wanted to change my password to be safe. I tried logging in to the verizon website and it said I needed to reset my password for security reasons. It asked for my phone number and my account security number, then gave me the (only) option of sending me a text to reset my password. However, the text did not contain the temporary password. It said "Your Password is and is valid until you create a new one" so clearly it was glitched or something. 

I tried calling customer service but it said it's out of hours (presumably because of Covid-19) and I can't use the online chat customer service function because you need to log in.

I repeated the password reset process and this time I didn't receive a text at all. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: MyVerizon password reset not working

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ciaran2, I completely understand wanting to update your password for security and am here to help. How are you logging into My Verizon? Is it through the application or website? StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, I've been trying to log in through the website. Thanks for helping.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for those details. Have you attempted to clear your web browser's cache and cookies?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes