Highlighted

MyVerizon App for Android prompting me to update

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Note 9.  When I try to log in to the MyVerizon app, it says to update for an even better experience.  If I click the update button, it takes me to the play store but I am already on the latest version.  This phone will not allow you to uninstall the app.  I have tried disabling and clearing cache and data several times.  It always comes back to that message.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  I am not willing to factory reset the phone since setting up was a major undertaking.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: MyVerizon App for Android prompting me to update

Community Manager
Community Manager

ballison79, 

We know how important it is to be able to use the My Verizon app. Allow us to assist you in any way we can. Is your phone on the latest software update? If you go directly to the Play Store, and click on Updates, is there not an update available for My Verizon?

YeseniaV_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I was able to resolve this by clearing the cache and date on the Play Store app itself.  After that, I was able to download the update and sign in.

Highlighted

if you go to the playstore, search for my Verizon. Once the app comes up, it will default to update. Click update, and open afterwards. That's how I fixed mine and i have the Note 9.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I cleared the cache in google play store and I still cannot get the update for this app. I need to be able to track my data use, please help.

@pdoctor wrote:

I cleared the cache in google play store and I still cannot get the update for this app. I need to be able to track my data use, please help.

But did you uninstall the app/updates?  What make/model device are you having the issue with?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Highlighted

@jav6: Thanks for your response. I tried to uninstall, but it nothing happened when I clicked on uninstall or update options on Google Play. After restarting the S7 a few times and clearing the Google Play cache, I found a way to force updates on Google Play for all apps and the Verizon app was updated through this method. 

Highlighted

@pdoctor  Nice to hear you got it updated. You say you 'found a way to force updates on Google Play for all apps'.  Can you share with the group what that way was, as it may help others?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Highlighted

I suppose it is no rocket science to anyone who uses apps regularly, but to force updates in google play:

Open google play --> My app & games --> this should allow you to update all apps at once if there are any updates. 

I had no idea this existed until I went looking. Once all the apps were updated, including the Verizon app, everything was fine. I just had to log in again.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you seeing any sort of changes after completing this step? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes