Highlighted

My verizon account locked, prepaid, can't get a live rep

Novice

I just got a prepaid phone and went to set it up for access in My Verizon. It wouldn't accept the security pin, and after a few tries I now get the message:

--------------------------

Account Locked

Please contact Customer Service at 888-294-6804 to access your online account.

---------------------------

However, calling that number, I only get two options after entering my phone number:  enter 1 to make a payment with a prepaid card, enter 2 to make a payment with a credit card. Some people have mentioned an option #4 to get to a live CS rep, but that option is not presented. any combination of options fails to get me a live person, and eventually I get a "Sorry you're having trouble, goodbye." disconnection.  Doesn't matter what time of the day I call, there are no other options. Safe to assume *611 would do the same?

I realize it's necessary to cut back on CS support on the prepaid side, but really, when the website tells you to call a number to take care of a website login issue, there should be a path to taking care of a website login issue.

Can someone point me to that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: My verizon account locked, prepaid, can't get a live rep

My Verizon fails and a Customer Service agent is not available.

I think Option 1 is a Verizon Refill Card.

Use option 1 or 2 to Add money to you account and hang up the phone.

Call back and select the option to speak to a Customer Service agent.

You cannot speak to Prepaid Customer Service without an Account Balance or an activate service plan.  Try My Verizon AFTER the agent activates your service plan – My Verizon requires the internet which you don’t have without a service plan. 

If you are supposed to have a service plan then something failed, because Verizon thinks you do not. In this case, return the phone because something is wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

NRJank, it's great to hear that you just activated your Prepaid account and I apologize that your My Verizon account is locked. It's very strange that you are having diffculties reaching that deparment. However, our Prepaid department will be happy to assist you with getting your account unlocked. you are dialing the correct number and their hours of operation are Sun - Sat, 6 AM - 11 PM. Please keep us posted and let us know if you have any additional questions.

GersonG_VZW
FVZWow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

My Verizon fails and a Customer Service agent is not available.

I think Option 1 is a Verizon Refill Card.

Use option 1 or 2 to Add money to you account and hang up the phone.

Call back and select the option to speak to a Customer Service agent.

You cannot speak to Prepaid Customer Service without an Account Balance or an activate service plan.  Try My Verizon AFTER the agent activates your service plan – My Verizon requires the internet which you don’t have without a service plan. 

If you are supposed to have a service plan then something failed, because Verizon thinks you do not. In this case, return the phone because something is wrong.

View solution in original post