Highlighted

My service address can't be changed...?

PHIBOR67

When I set up my Verizon services a few months ago, I had to use my father's home address because they couldn't find my home (for some reason.) The man I spoke to said that after a month or so, I could login to my account and change it myself. I've tried it multiple times since then, and it won't let me.

When I click "Edit" for my service address, I can type in the new address, but it always comes back with, "Unable to Update Cell Phone Usage Address Details." It will let me use my P.O. Box, but not my house address. My Post Office is across the road from me, so it's pretty darn close, but not accurate.

My main concern for all of this is that I had planned to purchase a signal booster; I know they have to be registered and I didn't want to give an incorrect address.

So, how in the world can I get my address accepted?

P.S. Also, may I choose any signal booster that has the correct frequency for my area? And if so, how do I figure out the frequency the tower near me uses?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: My service address can't be changed...?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm so sorry you weren't able to get the correct address entered. You should be able to use your P.O. box. That will not affect a signal booster. I'm sorry I don't have any frequency information on a booster. See all our extenders here: http://vz.to/17ycvC

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm so sorry you weren't able to get the correct address entered. You should be able to use your P.O. box. That will not affect a signal booster. I'm sorry I don't have any frequency information on a booster. See all our extenders here: http://vz.to/17ycvC

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Elements

The only advice I could offer would be that if it's a rural address, you may want to verify the address you're entering matches the USPS record address. You can go to www.usps.com and select Quick Tools, then "Look Up a Zip Code" and see if it finds the address as you're entering it. If not, that could be the problem. Otherwise, you may need to call Verizon customer service and see if they can update the address info.

0 Likes