Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
My phone screen is shattered. Getting a replacement. Phone is starting and restarting. Cannot turn it off. Nothing on screen. Disabled device on My Verizon. Why won't it stop?
Becca2013

Cannot seem to get the phone to shut off.  Don't want to risk taking it apart as the screen is in shards.  Cannot see anything on the screen.  It is just starting and restarting.  I know it will eventually run out of a battery, but it seems that deactivating the phone should shut it down.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone screen is shattered. Getting a replacement. Phone is starting and restarting. Cannot turn it off. Nothing on screen. Disabled device on My Verizon. Why won't it stop?
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Plug into power so it can backup, or plug in to computer if possible.

You can remote erase the phone with iCloud.com On a computer.  

0 Likes
Re: My phone screen is shattered. Getting a replacement. Phone is starting and restarting. Cannot turn it off. Nothing on screen. Disabled device on My Verizon. Why won't it stop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Becca2013, I am sorry to hear that your phone is shattered and power cycling!  I am glad a replacement phone is en route to you.  Deactivating the phone online at My Verizon will not stop the phone from resetting and rebooting, it will only prevent the phone from connecting to the cellular network. I am sorry for the confusion on that.  We can try to find another way to get the phone powered off though.  What make/model phone do you have?

KrystelH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes