Highlighted

My message log is not updating!!

amybaby7887

For about a month now my text message log is not updating on my account. First it was for my secondary line. Now it is happening with my primary line. I do understand that it can take up to 24 hrs for it to update but it still is not right. I do have message + set as my messaging app. I am told that the second line is set as well and no other messaging apps on tje phone. So what is up.

Labels (1)

Re: My message log is not updating!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

We're here to assist you, AMYMIS59. What is the make and model of your devices that have these issues? Are you having any issues with your other services such as signal strength, calls or data speeds? Does this only happen when messaging a specific person or multiple people?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Cornelius22

I have had the same issue for a month now.  Did you get a response that resolved the problem?

0 Likes

amybaby7887

His is a lg v20, mine is a,lg g 5. No other issues with anything else. This is very frustrating. I have even been told , unfortunately by a very nice rep, that we are using 3rd party messaging apps to mesaage people and that since I am not fiding any on the other phone. That he must be deleting them so he doesn't get caught using them. So yeah. And now the same is happening with my phone too!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Cornelius22, help is here as we always want you to have access to your text log via your My Verizon account. Let's work together to ensure this happens for you. May I ask, what exact steps via your My Verizon are you using to gain access to this?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Cornelius22

I go to My Verizon; view usage.  The call log is accurate and reflects the usage in a timely manner.  The message log takes about two days to show up; except for any multimedia messages that appear within an hour or two.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for those steps, Cornelius22,

What happens when you attempt to message from the computer? Does the log refresh?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Cornelius22

No, the log does not refresh, except for the call log and any multimedia messages.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Cornelius22, I definitely want to make sure that we are on the right path to getting your My Verizon account to show your Message logs in a timely manner. If you have multiple lines of service on your account, is this happening for all of their log-in sessions for My Verizon or just one phone number? How long has this been happening for? If you log onto myverizon.com from another computer or tablet for example, do you still see a delay in your text message logs?

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Cornelius22

I have four lines and it is happening on all of them.  It has been an issue for about 2 months now.  I have logged into my account on several different devices and the message log is not updating in a timely manner on any device I check it on.  Also, I should bring to your attention that when I open the "view message details" and all of my numbers are listed, it says at the bottom "0 messages used" .