My device shows as Unknown

In 'My Devices', I have a Nexus 6 that is showing up as an unknown device. I bought the phone from Motorola and swapped the sim card from my previous phone. The phone works fine, and has for several months. However, I am unable to manage the device online while it is in this state. I am trying to enable Advanced Calling.

How do I get Verizon to recognize my phone?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: My device shows as Unknown

Sr. Leader

Your device is not a Verizon device and is not in the their database. The same happens if you take a non-Verizon iPhone 6 and swap sims. Verizon does not add teh IMEI to their database. I have only heard people getting unknown device in this circumstance. Be happy it even works, it is only this year that you could even get a non-Verizon device to even work at all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
I understand the need of adding/changing features, dharidson! The reason why the device is appearing as unknown is because the sim card was swapped rather than a full activation. You would need to activate the device via My Verizon by entering in the MEID and go through the activation process. Here is how: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do  LenaA_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

The problem with your answer is that the IMEI of Moto purchased NX6's show as incompatible with the VZW network.  Many people have had issues with VZW associates not being able to activate it

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Your device is not a Verizon device and is not in the their database. The same happens if you take a non-Verizon iPhone 6 and swap sims. Verizon does not add teh IMEI to their database. I have only heard people getting unknown device in this circumstance. Be happy it even works, it is only this year that you could even get a non-Verizon device to even work at all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Covid19