My Verizon website always wants to text me a pin?

vanigo
Novice

Why does the my Verizon .com website on my computer always ask to send me a text with a pin to log on with my computer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: My Verizon website always wants to text me a pin?

kathy65793

I use to have that problem awhile back  I always use the same computer even had the sign in saved but every once  in awhile it would want to send me a txt. Has the website asked you about your location and can they have it? I think that is the only thing that I have done differently .

Another thing is the java but most browsers automatically let that happen.

0 Likes

vanigo
Novice

The first or second time it did not ask for a pin but now its every time it asks for a pin.

Maybe the Verizon mods will respond!

0 Likes

kathy65793

I know if I clear the cache and the browsing history I have to go thru the whole process again. I do however hope that someone either from the people on here or one of the VZW reps could answer this question. When I had this problem and posted it on here I did not get an answer to this problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted

kathy65793

One of the things I read about this problem was to make sure you click the box that says Remember My ID

Don't think that is the answer because that box was marked on my page but you never know.

Ann154
Power User

Do you register the computer or device when you sign into your MyVerizon account online? I don't get asked for a pin sent via a text message on the computer I regularly use to access my account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

vanigo
Novice

Hey VZW what gives!

I just spent the better part of 3 hours with chat and then CS on the phone who thought my account was locked and tech support who seemed to not know anything about how to switch what has been determined to be two way verification to log into the dot com website into one way verification. Finally the tech support guy hung up on me?

And after all this marvelous help I still need to have a pin sent to me to log into the .com site with my computer.

here is a copy of the end of the  chat

[removed]

Chat script removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vanigo
Novice

[Removed]

Hey VZW what gives!

I just spent the better part of 3 hours with chat and then CS on the phone who thought my account was locked and tech support who seemed to not know anything about how to switch what has been determined to be two way verification to log into the dot com website into one way verification. Finally the tech support guy hung up on me?

And after all this marvelous help I still need to have a pin sent to me to log into the .com site with my computer.

Here is in my own words what was removed

That  chat determined after a hour plus and removing and re-registering my account  that I was using two way verification not one way.When I asked why it took so long to figure that out they said they wanted to make sure and that tech support could change that.Well tech support had know idea what I was talking about .It seems pretty easy to understand two way verification needed to be changed to one way verification for the .com website while using a computer.Then like I said the tech support guy hung up on me.

Talk about properly trained and informed employees.

Far be it for me to cast aspersions I just though that CS and Tech Support would be better trained.

discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand your concern and want you to be able to use your My Verizon without further issues. It seems you have discussed the issue with some of our agents. Our best recommendation, if you continue to see this after selecting the Remember Me option for log in, is to unregister and re-register your My Verizon account. Let us know if you would like to try this option.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

To add to Ann154's comment, I do want to explain the Secure PIN process. We take the security of your account very seriously. We launched SecurePIN as an additional level of authentication in My Verizon. SecurePIN is used by many industries, including banking and finance, to ensure that transactions requested by customers originate from the customer.

Without SecurePIN, fraudsters can use phishing sites to access customers' online accounts. When access is gained, fraudsters can add Account Managers and complete transactions such as Add A Line, international dialing, etc., without the account owner's knowledge.

SecurePIN has been established for these transactions:
•Device ID Changes
•Add A Line (AAL)
•Adding Account Managers
•Call Forwarding Adds/Changes

Have you gotten the Secure PIN for any transactions that are not included here?

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes