My Verizon Services (com.verizon.mips.services)

dwhosk

Does anyone know what this android app is for? It is version 1.0.89.2  There is no option to uninstall, only disable or force stop.  Google-ing provided no answers.   Per Verizon tech support it is not the same as "MY VERIZON" app.  They are unable to explain why its on my phone or what it is for.  I happened to find in in the Application Manager.  I have downloaded an app to display manifest info, services, etc for all my apps so I can provide more info if someone has a clue to what it is.  Thanks for any info. 

Labels (1)

Re: My Verizon Services (com.verizon.mips.services)

kathy65793

What type phone do you have? I have a S7 edge and when I go into application manager and go down to My Verizon Services my is saying version 1.0.91.1. I too can force stop or disable it. I have denied it permission to phone. location and SMS but everytime I go back into it it has given itself permission to all 3 again. It is really strange that Verizon tech support didn't know anything about or what it was for. Mine has 20.89MB for the total storage and 5.21MB of it is data.The icon of it looks like what comes up when my phone wants to update. It really is a shame that when you called Verizon that they could not offer any info on this app. If you find anything out let us know.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

dwhosk, I apologize that our technical support team was not able to provide you the information you needed. The My Verizon Services application supplements your phone's current functions and cannot be removed. Disabling the application may cause errors in other applications. JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

DeNoter

"Supplements your phone's current functions," tells us nothing about what it does.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Our apologies if the information was not as clear as you would like it to have been, DeNoter. The My Verizon Services coincides with your My Verizon app which is why it can not be deleted from your device. Is there a reason as to why you are looking to remove it? 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

RHCEV3

I disabled it and MAN more "system apps including the zerizon app and the ccc over the air update app on BOTH mt Z and Z2.

1. install "adb" on pc

2. enable usb debugging

3. connect phone to usb2 and run "adb shell"

4. run "pm list packages" to see all packages

5. run "pm uninstall -k --user 0 <com.... Package name> to remove 1000%

As to why:

1. Privacy

2, Privacy

3. Privacy

4. anti-Net Neutrality protection (along with VPN service like NORD)

5. Battery life

6. phone speed and responsiveness

Bloatware kills batteries and privacy.  Simple.

Jon8RFC

Since VZW employees obviously have no clue, I can let you know that it is (at minimum) necessary for wifi calling. I found this post while searching to see if others have a newer version.

Because of this, I can only infer that the app functions as a means of authentication when mated with a functioning Verizon Wireless Sim card, valid phone number, and valid imei.

On the note of someone's concern for safety/privacy, the regular My Verizon app (not the services app) once requested root access and I've always uninstalled it ever since then. I didn't like that.

RHCEV3

The VZW app on the Z2 (not Z yet I think) also is for wifi calling but I

had nothing but issues with WiFi calling so I kill off/uninstall for each

user all those VZ services.

I prefer network extenders for home use. I also turn off advanced calling

because it has been nothing but trouble with bad call quality and even more

with any data use. Only AT_T has TRUE wireless and data combined use with

separate frequency bands.

0 Likes

blackhat

It can be removed with adb, or at least disabled for the current user

Bloatware AKA MALWAREZ like DT Ignite (AKA MOBILE SERVICES MANAGER) is criminally wrong

answers and policies like this and locked bootloaders is why I will never buy another device from verizon

You want to keep me from being root then you pay the $266 bill for me too

(1) Free wifi is everywhere

(2) Unlocked devices are cheaper on Amazon

(3) WiFi calling, Free VOIP and Google Voice and Talkatone work better than 5G ever will