Highlighted

My Verizon App shows spinning circle and eventually "we're sorry. It looks like we are having trouble..."

hojbjerg

Hello,

I am having trouble with getting the My Verizon App to connect to my account. When I start the app it starts by showing the splash screen with the spinning circle (attached). The splash screen keeps going for several minutes but then eventually shows the "We're sorry..." screen (attached).

This is on an iPhone Xr with the latest iOS (12.1.4)

Here is what I have tried:

• Selecting retry
  • Restart the app
  • Restart the phone
  • Disabled WiFi connecting through cellular data
  • Change password for My Verizon account
  • Deleting the app and re-installing

Nothing seems to help. 

IMG_0172.pngIMG_0171.png

Re: My Verizon App shows spinning circle and eventually "we're sorry. It looks like we are havi

Kwgrant

I'm having the exact same problem!

Re: My Verizon App shows spinning circle and eventually "we're sorry. It looks like we are havi

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hojbjerg and Kwgrant, we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible service, and we know the importance of being able to use every aspect of the My Verizon app. The bullet points noted in the original post presents the perfect start. Thank you for those attempts.

Do you have this issue with any other applications? At any time since this started have the network settings been reset?
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

DavidH_VZW

bufo99

Dear Support,

It seems this problem happens with iPhone users on later models, regardless all the resetting the network or all the technical attempts including re-installing to make this now useless app to get working for 1 reason and 1 reason only to see our bill and usage conveniently on our device. I am guessing at this point Verizon is not even fixing this issue for prepaid customers. Here is my minus 3 star for this topic.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
bufo99,

I have an iPhone XR, and I don't have this issue. However, I'm also sorry to hear that this is happening to you because having access to My Verizon is very important, so you are able to manage your account. We want you to give 10 starts for this topic. Let's help you figure this out. Are you able to access your My Verizon on the web or on your browser? Did this ever work for you in the past? Just to clarify, what have you tried so far to try to fix this issue?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes

nbk14

You are not facing this issue since you are not a prepaid customer. I believe I might have found a reason why it doesn't work for me. I have Verizon prepaid on my iPhone XS physical SIM, and also have on the dual eSIM active with another carrier.

When I "remove" this carrier from the eSIM (that is no active profile on the eSIM), the app loads just fine.

It is not enough to "turn off" eSIM line; I have to totally "remove" the cellular plan from the eSIM. Only then the app starts to work.

I am not sure why the My Verizon app is so fussy about an eSIM profile. I even have Verizon chosen as the LTE line and turned the eSIM off---yet it won't load.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

At this time, our Prepaid Service is not compatabile with eSIM technology. CidnieD_VZW

0 Likes