Highlighted

My Verizon App causing long delay when before call is dialed / connected?

Taeguk

Updated to Android 10 the other day. All is fine until the My Verizon App was updated. After the install of My Verizon App update, when makeing a call, there is a 20 to 30 second delay before the number is either dialed / connected? 

This has happened to both a Google Pixel 2 XL and a Google Pixel 3 XL. 

NOTE: When I remove (uninstall) the My Verizon App on the Google Pixel 3 XL phone, all is corrected. All calls are imediately dialed / connected. Have not yet tried this on the Google Pixel 2 XL phone yet.

What is it about the My Verizon App and Android 10 that is causing these LONG call delays?

0 Likes

Re: My Verizon App causing long delay when before call is dialed / connected?

Taeguk

Uninstalling the My Verizon App restores normal calling time.

Re-installing seems to be working.

0 Likes

Taeguk

Ok, so the My Verizon App is definitely causing this issue. I think once you give it permission for Phone, etc, this causes the 20 - 30 second delay when calling! Until this is fix, I am uninstalling from my phone!

pike1181

Same here - Pixel 3 XL - removing the rubbish Verizon app resolved the issue immediately. FAIL @ Verizon. 

0 Likes

fairlybond

I too did the reinstall and it was fine until the next morning, now it's delaying again. Perhaps not allowing access to phone after reinstall is the ticket. Currently uninstalled until I see a fix is out.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Tuesday September 10, still a problem.  Uninstalled my Verizon and calls go right through.  

Fix it !

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Taeguk We see it has been 5 days since you made this post. This is a community forum but we still want to make sure you have the answers you need. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Pike1181,

We know that it is important to have your calls and applications working properly. We can help here. When did this issue start? Does the issue no longer occur since uninstalling the My Verizon application? What Version of the My Verizon application was installed on your device?   PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Pike1181,

We know that it is important to have your calls and applications working properly. We can help here. When did this issue start? Does the issue no longer occur since uninstalling the My Verizon application? What Version of the My Verizon application was installed on your device?   PamelaF_VZW

Please read, this is a known issue with pixel phones running android 10 and the My Verizon app.  https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/09/11/the-my-verizon-app-is-causing-call-delays-on-android-10-dev...

I deleted and reinstalled again today, and the problem is no longer there.  

I’ll call it fixed.  

0 Likes