Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

My Trade-In Promo Code didn't work since I swap the phone I purchased.

Novice

Capture4.PNG

From VZW trade-in promotion, it didn't mention I couldn't swap away another phone to meet this promotion requirement. Though I was told VZW didn't care about my device from VZW because I still owe money from VZW by the device payment plan. My trade-in promotion code became invalid just because I swap the new Moto Droid Turbo to an old Blackberry 9330.

Dear, VZW support, could I swap back to get the $200 trade-in credit?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: My Trade-In Promo Code didn't work since I swap the phone I purchased.

Customer Support

We are here to the rescue. Let's make sure you get your code dailo. I am including an email to contact our trade-in department so they can send you the promo code: Support@online.trade-in.vzw.com  They will be happy to help.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Customer Support

We always want you to be able to take advantage of our great promotions. We want to make sure the program is clear and you are still able to get a trade in credit. Just to get a better understanding, did you complete buyout of a previous Device Payment to get a new phone under the Device Payment? For the trade in promotion, they would be looking for the device that was last upgraded.

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Novice

Thanks for your timely reply. I purchased a Moto Droid Turbo with VZW Device Payment Plan and I want to trade-in my old device for $200 e-gift card with the promo code. The rep in store told me I couldn't do that because the Moto Droid Turbo is no longer activated under my account.

Before I swapped the Moto Droid Turbo to a Blackberry 9330, I asked a VZW rep over the phone since I don't know if the Moto Droid Turbo could be used with other VZW account. The rep told me, VZW didn't care about where the device is activated because I am the person who is responsible for the loan.

I understand I am not the common user who purchases a device and use it then, but I have already activated a new line and bought a new device. It doesn't make sense that the promo code became invalid due to I swapped the phones.

I hope you can help.

0 Likes

Customer Support

I want to make sure I investigate your trade in promotions. I have sent you a private message so I can further assist.

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Will the activation code come to the cell phone number of the phone that was uprgraded, or will it go to the account holder's phone number?

0 Likes

I still haven't gotten the promo code for one of my phones, but have for the other one.  How can I get the promo code resent?

0 Likes

Novice

Just checked online. The promo code is still working online. It just didn't work when I went to the local store.

0 Likes

Novice

I got one from the text. Also, I got the same promo code by email as well.

0 Likes

Customer Support

We are here to the rescue. Let's make sure you get your code dailo. I am including an email to contact our trade-in department so they can send you the promo code: Support@online.trade-in.vzw.com  They will be happy to help.
RosanneM_VZW

View solution in original post