My Phone got stolen and now I can’t use my account?

Williambiv

So my phone was stolen and I went in to Verizon to get a new SIM card but I didn’t know my “account pin” because I never set one up, now the only way I can change this pin is with the phone that was stolen, it doesn’t make sense and I really don’t want to pay for something I’m not using anyone know how I can rest the pin without a phone?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: My Phone got stolen and now I can’t use my account?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We know how important it is to have access to your account. If you verified the email address attached to your account, prior to your phone being lost then we can get your Account PIN reset. When you went into the store, did you visit a Corporate Verizon location, or an authorized retailer?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: My Phone got stolen and now I can’t use my account?

Tigerstep
Novice

Sorry that happened with your phone, but it does too make sense. If you could send a securepin to any given phone number, that defeats the purpose of account security.

Alternatively you can sign into your My Verizon account then reset it at VZW.com/pin

If you don't know your My Verizon or set one up, you have to go to a store, show rep your ID and call CS for a supervisor to set one up.

0 Likes