Moved

Trenton08

I just moved to another state, so how do I go about changing my number to a local number.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Moved

sprmankalel
Leader

You do not need to change your number to a local number. Not unless you want to. Remember that you would have to alert your contacts of the change.

However, should you decide to change your number, you can log in to your account and type 'change number' in the I want to field.

View solution in original post

sprmankalel
Leader

You do not need to change your number to a local number. Not unless you want to. Remember that you would have to alert your contacts of the change.

However, should you decide to change your number, you can log in to your account and type 'change number' in the I want to field.

View solution in original post

Trenton08

Won't  I be on roam or something since it's not where I set the number up at

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

Not if you are on the old Nationwide plans or higher. It has been a VERY VERY long time since mobile phones roamed.

What plan are you on?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope your move went smoothly, Trenton08. If you find that you'd like to change to a more local number, it's extremely easy through My Verizon http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/change-mobile-number-faqs/ as sprmankalel mentioned. But with cellular services, there's usually no need to change to something more local since our plans include nationwide coverage http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/domestic-roaming-faqs , you really would not need to worry about roaming unless you've moved out of the country. 

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Trenton08

It just seems like my data is being used up way faster than when I was in

Illinois, that's why I thought it would make a difference.

On Aug 2, 2016 6:12 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Trenton08,

Data usage is can be used up without trying too hard. Let's review. It does not matter what state or area you are in. Data is calculated based on information transmitted over our network. Has anything changed with the way you have been using your phone? Moving can be stressful. Do you have WIFI at your new location?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Having a phone number from your old place won't use up more data.  It is completely unrelated.  No more roaming as stated. 

0 Likes

TLM2

It seem as if at my new home there is often a delay when talking with someone on the phone - I assumed that is because the call hase to go through 630 exchange rather than the local 505 exchange. Could that be the case?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Providing good, reliable service is our main goal regardless of your area code or location, TLM2. We’re right here to help sort out what’s going on. Please share more details about the delay. When does it happen, exactly? Does it happen in other locations nearby and, if so, where? Do you notice this on both incoming and outgoing calls? The more detail you can share the better.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes