Re: More rebate problems. No way its an accident!!

RKJPete

JessicaB, thank you for your informative and encouraging post. I'm working

with my 4th customer service rep who seems to be very much in my court.

Fingers crossed.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016, 7:19 AM JessicaBPerry24 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes

Eveready

Really? Thanks non-customer service

0 Likes

I've also been stuck in the same nightmare you all have.  Mine is a BOGO for Droid Turbo 2.  I'm 9 weeks into it, exceeded 12 hours on the phone over 9 different calls to them, and even though they have admitted I did everything precisely right, submitted proper documentation, etc. I get e-mails back and forth that the rebate is being processed one day, to it's been rejected.  Also, every CSR or "floor manager" I have spoken to I have caught in multiple conflicting stories, flat-out lies, etc. 

The last gentleman was supposedly the top manager at the center last week- he assured I will have my $624 Visa card within 15 days.  I've heard that lie before, so we will see what happens on Aug. 12.  He claims that many of the data entry errors on the part of the rebate center staffers are because Verizon was overwhelmed with the number of rebates submitted.  Really?  It ain't that deep, Verizon!

In additional to small claims court, we should all file complaints with your local BBB and your state's Governors Office of Consumer Affairs, and contact your local TV consumer reporters.  Verizon can either make this right with their customers, or get buried in the mountain of complaints and lawsuits.  I have no doubt that this is all by design, and not just incompetence.  I shudder to think how many customers just give up- but I'm one that's not going to go away, rest assured.   

Shame on you, Verizon.

Post edited as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Wireless

DJPHLLPS

Pherson you seem to enjoy being extra snarky on this topic and it seems a little unclear why....as a former employee of verizon wireless i can attest to personally witnessing many sale reps saying and doing the exact things these customers are complaining about.....and for that matter just because YOU have participated in rebates in the past does not mean the rest of the worlds population has and without being given the knowledge of how such a process works one cannot know how to navigate it succesfully.......when a person buys a device and is told at that moment that they will recieve a gift card in the mail within a certain period of time by the person who offered them said rebate and they have NOT participated in a rebate such as this in the past how exactly is it they should just magically KNOW what to do.....you seem to the everyone in the world has participated in verizon rebate process before i can assure you that is very much not the case....and frankly you speaking to these people as if they are the ones in the wrong puts you so far out of line i cant even express without violating the terms of etiquette for this forum....step away from your soap box(as will I) and let these people communicate there situations without your slights.....Rant over

0 Likes
Highlighted

pherson
Leader

All it takes is knowing how to read. Problem solved.

DJPHLLPS

Ya know pherson im generally of the mind that alot of issues could be resolved if the public as a whole would be more willing to learn to be tech savvy....and a big part of me feels that way in almost all categories....but with that being said when you have a company as large as Verizon who RARELY does a good sale without some kind of rebate it also seems just as logical to make a little red card with the digital rebate website listed on it and to make it mandatory for employees to hand it to each customer that is eligible and very specifically say if you do not go to this website within this allotted amount of time you will NOT receive your rebate.....seems pretty simple to appease the masses ....dont get me wrong in a lot of ways i agree with you if someone does their due diligence they should discover how to go about getting the rebate but on the other hand these customers should also be able to take the sales reps at their word and when that word is all you have to do is wait this time period and a gift card will be in the mail well there you have it.   all im saying is your verbally lashing people for simply trusting in the companies employees words that honestly they should be able to do without fear of being robbed of whats rightfully theirs...... just seems a little malicious on your end

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

I haven't "verbally"bashed a soul

pherson
Leader

I've personally been in a store, see a salesperson try to explain the process but the customer is to busy playing with their new phones. Perhaps what SHOULD change is the providers handling things the way car buying is done: everything is explained before you see your car; you know the programs, buying process, etc. That way it will lower complaints. I know before I buy. I choose to be educated now and not be irritated later.

pherson
Leader

And people are quick to google everything but yet I will see google maps in their phone and they STILL ask for directions. Will google why they have a runny nose, but won't visit a cell phone website to see where they get the best deal. Asking for directions or symptoms is free, byt you won't google your next smartphone purchase?

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

DJPHLLPS wrote:

Ya know pherson im generally of the mind that alot of issues could be resolved if the public as a whole would be more willing to learn to be tech savvy....and a big part of me feels that way in almost all categories....but with that being said when you have a company as large as Verizon who RARELY does a good sale without some kind of rebate it also seems just as logical to make a little red card with the digital rebate website listed on it and to make it mandatory for employees to hand it to each customer that is eligible and very specifically say if you do not go to this website within this allotted amount of time you will NOT receive your rebate.....seems pretty simple to appease the masses ....dont get me wrong in a lot of ways i agree with you if someone does their due diligence they should discover how to go about getting the rebate but on the other hand these customers should also be able to take the sales reps at their word and when that word is all you have to do is wait this time period and a gift card will be in the mail well there you have it. all im saying is your verbally lashing people for simply trusting in the companies employees words that honestly they should be able to do without fear of being robbed of whats rightfully theirs...... just seems a little malicious on your end

You speak of the word of the sales rep. If you're a former employee, you should be aware of the last paragraph of the Customer Agreement. I will post it now....

This Agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement. This agreement isn't for the benefit of any third party except our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, predecessors and successors in interest. Except where we've agreed otherwise elsewhere in this Agreement, this Agreement and any disputes covered by it are governed by federal law and the laws of the state encompassing the area code of your wireless phone number when you accepted this Agreement, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules of that state.

Signing it means you understand it and will abide by it. Plain and simple.